The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
Quote: If it has all the feature of a sizzle, it is a sizzle. Those that are farther into the generations will produce more consistent offspring with the required traits. Those in the early generations can have offspring that vary all over the place as far as having all the correct traits. Later generations also tend to have more correct type, crest size, etc.

If it has all the feature of a sizzle, it is a sizzle.  Those that are farther into the generations will produce more consistent offspring with the required traits.  Those in the early generations can have offspring that vary all over the place as far as having all the correct traits.  Later generations also tend to have more correct type, crest size, etc.

Ok thank you so much.

My grow out roo is entering into that mean stage :( I've started picking him up every time and it is working, thank goodness. When his dad went through that stage i didn't know about picking him up at first, so he was the coop menace for awhile. Now he's sweet as can be. :)
Here is a pic if the young roo:

He's awesome ;)

One of my sizzles is clearly turning out to be a rooster. His name is pine cone. He looked like a calico cAt when he was younger and then turned all black. He is around 16 weeks and feathering in nicely. He is a crowd pleaser. However I noticed earlier in the week he was getting a little red leakage around his neck. Now it is all the way around his neck sneaking its way into his topknot. It is like he put in burnt copper highlights. His dad was a beautiful black frizzle Cochin. My husband picked pine cone up for me and said he doesn't remember meeting the mom. So I don't know what color silkie she was. I will try to.get picture of his new hair color soon. I'm sure this leakage isn't desirable even tho it looks really cool. I have a paint silkie hen I was planning on breeding him with, but am now worried about his red leakage. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I am so confused. All the frizzles, silkies, sizzles....lol I went to our local co-op and purchased what I was told was a Frizzle and a Frizzie??? The frizzle looks like frizzle pic all over the web, however, the frizzie??? I cant find a single thing about them. I google and get did u mean frizzle? SO...can someone tell me what a frizzie is?

Back
Top Bottom