The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
Hey everyone! I am new to this thread and silkie/sizzles in general. I purchased my first babies a week ago today. I believe they are from a silkie roo over two sizzle hens if I understood correctly. They all 3 seem to have more curl to their wing feathers then Im used to. Could anyone tell me if they are going to have silkie feathering or not and if we may have the frizzle gene showing up? Oh and the coloring coming in on the light color babies wings on the far right? Any clue to the color? Thanks much!
frow.gif

Hey everyone! I am new to this thread and silkie/sizzles in general. I purchased my first babies a week ago today. I believe they are from a silkie roo over two sizzle hens if I understood correctly. They all 3 seem to have more curl to their wing feathers then Im used to. Could anyone tell me if they are going to have silkie feathering or not and if we may have the frizzle gene showing up? Oh and the coloring coming in on the light color babies wings on the far right? Any clue to the color? Thanks much!
frow.gif

The white one on the left looks like a sizzle, but I can't really tell what type of feathering you will get on the other ones. Maybe wait a week to let them feather out more and post some individual pics
smile.png

i dont know if this counts as a smooth sizzle or not because, neither parents were frizzle. they both have charastics of a silkie but with smooth feathers.

the roo i think well be birchen and the hen im not sure. i hatched them myself, mom was a silkie mix dad was full silkie

i dont know if this counts as a smooth sizzle or not because, neither parents were frizzle. they both have charastics of a silkie but with smooth feathers. the roo i think well be birchen and the hen im not sure. i hatched them myself, mom was a silkie mix dad was full silkie
if it is a silkie mix usually it has regular feathers even if it isnt a sizzles but it could be

if it is a silkie mix usually it has regular feathers even if it isnt a sizzles but it could be
????? i know that silkie mixes will have normal feathers. i hatched 4 out and two were silkied feathers and the two that are not are the ones that the pics are of. i was just wondering if i could call them normal feathered silzzles?? thanks for replying

Last edited:
????? i know that silkie mixes will have normal feathers. i hatched 4 out and two were silkied feathers and the two that are not are the ones that the pics are of. i was just wondering if i could call them normal feathered silzzles?? thanks for replying
They definitely look like smooth Sizzles to me & the hen looks especially nice. If you want to get the curl you will need to breed her to a rough (curled) Sizzle.

Back
Top Bottom