The Sizzle Thread!

Pics

Benina... enjoying the sun :) She's the cutest & sweetest chick ever!!!
She is adorable & the outfit is great. If you're going to dress her like that, you definitely need to make her some chicken diapers & then start taking her to convalescent homes as a therapy chicken. I swear I think that Silkies & Sizzles were created just for that purpose. The patients just light up & start smiling & laughing as soon as they see them. I used to have a little spiel when I took my birds on visits so I could tell the patients a bit about them. Now I don't do much of anything but provide the transportation & the Silkies & Sizzles do the rest by just looking cute & spouting jibber jabber hen talk as long as they're being petted & fussed over. Anyway, when Benina isn't being a star at poultry shows, I bet she would love to make hospital patients happy!

She is adorable & the outfit is great. If you're going to dress her like that, you definitely need to make her some chicken diapers & then start taking her to convalescent homes as a therapy chicken. I swear I think that Silkies & Sizzles were created just for that purpose. The patients just light up & start smiling & laughing as soon as they see them. I used to have a little spiel when I took my birds on visits so I could tell the patients a bit about them. Now I don't do much of anything but provide the transportation & the Silkies & Sizzles do the rest by just looking cute & spouting jibber jabber hen talk as long as they're being petted & fussed over. Anyway, when Benina isn't being a star at poultry shows, I bet she would love to make hospital patients happy!

That is an amazing idea!!! I am a nurse & I know a lot about animal therapy! Actually, these little ones are MY therapy when I leave my patients!! LOL She would be perfect for it! She's so mellow :)

I noticed the long tail too.  Adorable little guy but I've never seen one that young have a tail that long.

Thank you for the responses ;) I posted that from my phone & didn't notice his wing was out to the side :p He does have feathered feet. So if I out him w/a silkie hen....what would they produce?

hey i found some really nice buff silkies near me but im gonna havee to get hatvhing eggs:( so if i do do that do u have an extra budff sizzle roo?

I don't have any right now, but I should have one by the end of the summer.

Gracie, I promise not to laugh!  Well, at least not too much. Believe me, I have enough Sizzles that I've probably seen the worst of the bad molts.

Your partridge Silkie is really nice & she should give you some beautiful chicks. You're also doing a great job with your buffs. I haven't even started on buffs yet. They're a really hard color to do well even in Silkies, let alone the Sizzles. You're a lot braver than I am! 

As for prices - I've been selling my Sizzles & Silkies for the same price - $8 each for 2 wk old chicks. I've been showing the Sizzles at all the shows I take my Silkies to so a lot of people see them & I think I'm creating my own market.  One of my 6 mo. Sizzle pullets just recently sold on Poultry Bid for $225! Unfortunately, I didn't get the money as the pullet hatched from eggs I had sold to the person that auctioned her. But it was still nice advertising for me. I advertise most of my chicks on Craig's List & I get tons of responses & sell a lot of chicks but I have yet to make a profit. So far it's just an expensive hobby but it sure is a lot of fun.

Trading eggs sounds like fun. Maybe we can talk more about that. Right now I'm ready for bed.

I'll get back with you in the eggs! I'll be picking up 2 more beautiful sizzle hens this week, so that will give me some more color options for trading!

I'm really happy I was able to get one really clear buff sizzle from this past hatch. I knew there was a chance for a lot of leakage since I had a buff over a blue partridge. I'll be breeding the buff sizzles back to my clearest buff silkies. Should make some super nice babies!

So I have 2 sizzle roosters and I have 2 silkie/Cochin girls. What do you think I would get if I put the crosses in with the sizzles? Here they are.
roosters
girl
girl

I would
So I have 2 sizzle roosters and I have 2 silkie/Cochin girls. What do you think I would get if I put the crosses in with the sizzles? Here they are.
roosters
girl
girl

I would put that black one with your smooth girls. Should give you lots of sizzles. If you notice too many Cochin characteristics then you will have to cross back to a silkie though.

I got a 1 year old partridge hen exposed to a roo...I had gotten 2 eggs from her and hatched them....The buff little one is almost 2 weeks old and its feathers are really curling up...unllike the black one...the black hatched before the buff...

I have no idea what type of roo they were exposed too. I know the guy had silkies & sizzles in the same pen with a number of hens and 2 or 3 roos...Do yall think the little buff is a sizzle?

I got a 1 year old partridge hen exposed to a roo...I had gotten 2 eggs from her and hatched them....The buff little one is almost 2 weeks old and its feathers are really curling up...unllike the black one...the black hatched before the buff...

I have no idea what type of roo they were exposed too. I know the guy had silkies & sizzles in the same pen with a number of hens and 2 or 3 roos...Do yall think the little buff is a sizzle?

The little blue one looks like it will be a smooth. The buff one looks more like a frizzled cochin. If they are a male and female pair, then they would make a good cross. You would probably get some interesting colors out of them. The blue one would help introduce better silkie characteristics!

Back
Top Bottom