The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
I posted a classified for some silkie and sizzle eggs, if you are interested!  I hatched out a few of each this past batch of eggs!  I'll post some pics of how the chicks are feathering out later tonight.  Might save you some time in crossing with the cochins, culling, and crossing back.  That can sometimes take up to a couple years to get what you want!

that would be great i would prefrr some adults as i already have a batch of chicks already to take up my time and i dont have the incubator option so im gonna ask around

can u send me some pics? if i did get some hen i would need to get like a silkie roo to go with hens i get right?

Well, here's my thinking. If you are just starting a sizzle project and plan to do sizzles over silkies, it is easier to find one sizzle rooster than a bunch of sizzle hens. You could put your sizzle rooster over a whole flock of silkie hens and get the same results as having a silkie roo over sizzle hens.

Here are a few pics of the babies I've been hatching. These came from my buff silkie rooster over blue partridge sizzle hen:

I think the second one, and the last one are both going to be knockouts!

Here is a before and after or Marilyn Monroe. She's a little wind whipped in the afters... romping on a windy day.

about 7 weeks

About 4 months

She never did figure out how to get a treat out of that open jar!
lau.gif

Here is a before and after or Marilyn Monroe. She's a little wind whipped in the afters... romping on a windy day.

about 7 weeks

About 4 months

She never did figure out how to get a treat out of that open jar!
lau.gif
Love her coloring! I currently have some paints, partridge, blue, black, and white silkies growing out. Hopefully I will have plenty to pair up come fall.

They're
Thought I would share some pictures of this year's crop of Sizzles - especially the smooths. I didn't really care for the smooths at first, but in the last couple of generations the body type has improved tremendously & now I like them almost as much as the rough Sizzles. Chick buyers also really like them, especially since they can see all the beautiful feather patterns. IMHO I think these smooths look just like a nice quality Silkie with regular feathers - which is what I've been trying for. Let me know what you think. I managed to produce some porcelain Sizzles for the first time this year & this is my first (and only) smooth porcelain cockerel & one of my Sizzle pullets. I can hardly wait to show these! Another smooth Sizzle cockerel. I'm not sure how I got this color but he's very nice & I think I can show him as a calico splash. Smooth Sizzle partridge pullet & smooth Sizzle blue pullet. People really like the smooth blues. Two more smooth Sizzles - both splash. Here are some of my Sizzles hatched late last year & still in the grow pen. I plan on showing them this year along with a few of the smooth Sizzles. I think this should be an exciting year. Also a busy one. Both chicks & hatching eggs are selling well so the popularity of Sizzles is really taking off. Maybe breed acceptance is closer than we think!
They're awesome! Do you sell & ship them?

love.gif
I am a big fan of the smooths as well. I am just getting my sizzle project off the ground, but I'd love to eventually get some chicks from you. I just bought a new cabinet incubator, so my hobby budget is fairly shot at the moment, but hopefully by the end of the year I can get with you to get some! That porcelain hen is GORGEOUS! You have done a fantastic job with them!

So far I have been hatching sizzles in buff, partridge, and black. Hoping to add a few more colors later this year, so we will see how it goes!
Thank you so much. The porcelains were a happy accident. When I brought all birds back from Western Nationals in Jan. I put them all into quarantine together, including Swiffer the Sizzle cockerel & a beautiful blue splash cockerel. The hens & pullets were a mix of colors & included Frilkies, Sizzles & Silkies - all show quality. I didn't worry about Swiffer & getting double frizzies because I thought he was really too young to breed. I watched him trying but most effort was aimed at the girl's heads so figured nothing would get accomplished. Since the splash boy was older I decided to incubate the eggs to see what colors I would get. Well, Swiffer is apparently a fast learner because I got 4 porcelain Sizzles - the smooth boy, frizzled girl & 2 other girls with double gene. Not really bad though - feathers not too brittle & they should produce more frizzled chicks so I'm going to match them with the smooth boy.

My 3 partridge Sizzles are all girls. I would love to see your partridge & porcelains. Did you post them on here somewhere? I don't get on very often so I may have missed them.

I don't ship chicks but I have been selling quite a few of the Sizzle hatching eggs so if you want to fill your bator, let me know! Please use my email instead of pm. It's [email protected].

Also, thanks for taking the time to post those pictures showing the difference between Sizzles, Silkies, & Frizzled Silkies. I'll bet that really helped with all the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom