The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
Congrats on the egg! How old is she? I've heard lots of folks say their sizzles lay earlier than their Silkies. I have a 5 month old Sizzle who doesn't look anywhere near ready to lay.
The blood is normal, and it may stop with the next egg or you may get a few more with streaks.
Your girl is very pretty!

Congrats on the egg! How old is she? I've heard lots of folks say their sizzles lay earlier than their Silkies. I have a 5 month old Sizzle who doesn't look anywhere near ready to lay.
The blood is normal, and it may stop with the next egg or you may get a few more with streaks.
Your girl is very pretty!

thanks, she was born I think January 26( I think). I have it recorded some where.hahah

If anyone in central Va (Madison/Greene/Charlottesville/Harrisonburg) is looking for Sizzles, I have 7 chicks from my project I need to find homes for. I'd be happy to give them to a fellow BYC member. I'll be moving in the near future, so I need to reduce my flock :/

^ Here's an older pullet I'm hanging onto, to give you some idea of what they'll look like. The chicks are about 4 weeks old and have been brooded by my Silkie hen. They're all dark blue/black and they're all frizzled :)

Last edited:
Hello all! I have posted pics of my smooth sizzle trying to figure out the gender. I've had mixed reviews. Maybe some sizzle owners will know :)
We got him/her as a chick on 06/04/13

This picture was taken 06/30/13

These are more recent

Buyan Buyan, that's a fine looking boy.

Here is a recent picture of one of my girls. I wasn't sure whether to post her here or on the Showgirl thread. But since she doesn't have silkied feathers, this seemed more appropriate. Her mother is a Sizzle, papa a Showgirl.

Hello all! I have posted pics of my smooth sizzle trying to figure out the gender. I've had mixed reviews. Maybe some sizzle owners will know :)
We got him/her as a chick on 06/04/13

This picture was taken 06/30/13

These are more recent

The short, wide feathers in the saddle area (just before the tail) and absence of stringy hackle (neck) feathers say PULLET. Its also non bearded, they have more prominent headgear than bearded birds. She's cute :)

Back
Top Bottom