The Sizzle Thread!

Day 18- went to remove turner and lock down. I have a pip? Several are in there airspace. Do smaller eggs hatch earlier? I recounted days and I have a mix of shipped and my flock eggs. 100 degree +/- 1 decgree was maintained. The only thing different this time was I really left them alone compared to other hatches. For future reference do sizzle and millie eggs require different incubation time or temp due to size?

yep! you have a pip! normally smaller and bantam breeds hatch earlier. I had a pip day 19, and hatch on 20. time and temp stays the same even with bantam breeds. if you alter anything they don't hatch. for some reason smaller develops faster. it always seems to work that way.

what I am coming to is the fact that the way people invented incubators.....the mother hens had always hatched themselves....through the evolution f hatching certain breeds may becoming more prone and need less days of hatch.....you just have to be careful all blood is drained in the egg veins....if all this makes sense.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
What do you think of this boy? Unfortunately I do not own him, but not from lack of trying. He belongs to my friend and no matter how much I beg she won't turn loose of him. What color would you call him? Partridge or some sort of Duckwing?

I would like to know his color also, he reminds me of one of my barnyard mixes that I have. he kinda maybe looks to be like some sort of duck wing?? and also blue.
here is my non sizzle barnyard mix

(P.S. I clipped his wing so he couldn't fly out the pen)

SO! I finally got pictures of squirmy little Squidgy! I have to sell him because he is now a definite roo.....I love him too much! his feathers are so frekin soft!

Painted Feathers NICE BIRDS!!! Holly's adorable. Is misfit a smooth sizzle? I like your frizzle too! I'm hoping our 3 are going to be hens too!
Yes she is, Their mom is a paint smooth sizzle and dad is a white naked neck silkie.

How old is Aurora? She looks alot like my Sizzle pullet, Curly Sue, when she was younger
1f60a.png

I couldn't find an older picture of her, but she used to have a much smaller crest. The cockerel I hatched af the same time had a huge comb by that point. She's cute!
She is 3 months old =)

First chick almost 3 weeks old. Roo is red frizzle cochin, Hen could be gray and white splash frizzled sizzle, White painted silkie, or there is a chance of smooth painted sizzle...Chick has really good feathering at this age compared to the hatchery frizzles I got last year. Any guesses on hen? Is this going to meet the definition of sizzle?

Okay second chick...Same red frizzle roo. Hen has to be white painted silkie hen? I read in an earlier post that white is a dominant color...any comments? This would be a first generation sizzle that needs to be bred back to the silkie to get black skin and 5 toes.... How am I doing so far? I am so pleased to have hatched 15 chicks they are so much fun and cuteness!!!

Yes this chick has black spots of feathering here and there

Back
Top Bottom