The Sizzle Thread!

Hello all! I currently have Silkies and LF Cochins and want to broaden my flock. I am looking for young sizzles and will be attending the Newnan, GA chicken show this coming weekend. Will any of you be attending and bringing birds to sell? If so, I'd love to correspond with you over the next few days and hopefully make arrangements for a sale. If not, any information on where to get birds is greatly appreciated! Would really love some laced or penciled varieties but am open to anything. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello all! I currently have Silkies and LF Cochins and want to broaden my flock. I am looking for young sizzles and will be attending the Newnan, GA chicken show this coming weekend. Will any of you be attending and bringing birds to sell? If so, I'd love to correspond with you over the next few days and hopefully make arrangements for a sale. If not, any information on where to get birds is greatly appreciated! Would really love some laced or penciled varieties but am open to anything. Thanks in advance for your help!
Check with Paris "mama-hen" Gannon on facebook, I believe she will be going and she has Sizzles.

Last edited:
Squidgy my 7 week sizzle roo. he is a priss! hahahaha draws attention to everything he does!
hopefully keeping him to sell later on in October......$40? have no idea once he is 10 months old!

its so depressing sizzles cant be entered in the state fairs!

Squidgy my 7 week sizzle roo. he is a priss! hahahaha draws attention to everything he does!
hopefully keeping him to sell later on in October......$40? have no idea once he is 10 months old!

its so depressing sizzles cant be entered in the state fairs!

Are sizzles easier to sex than silkies? Not doubting, just wondering because you mentioned he was only 7wks and a roo. I'm hoping to hatch some frizzles and sizzles this summer for the first time. I think the earliest I've ever been able to determine the sex on a silkie was 8-9 weeks.

He IS very nice looking by the way.
wink.png

Last edited:
Are sizzles easier to sex than silkies? Not doubting, just wondering because you mentioned he was only 7wks and a roo. I'm hoping to hatch some frizzles and sizzles this summer for the first time. I think the earliest I've ever been able to determine the sex on a silkie was 8-9 weeks.

He IS very nice looking by the way.
wink.png

he is 2 times bigger than my silkie hens. he also had a huge comb hahahah

I test all my chicks using my rooster test I had made up. I found out at 2 weeks old one of my little crosses loved to sing his heart out! from then on, I leave a suspected roo with a for sure hen and wait for a crow. so far squidgy and Cadbury II have not passed it yet, but I can clearly tell they are roosters

So these are my baby chicks, the first one is Kahuna, she's a partridge sizzle and about 11 weeks, the second is Colombia, my silkie(?) rooster who thinks he is the most fabulous chicken around, and the third is Almalfi, my black sizzle hen. Colombia is 17 weeks along with Almalfi, they have never been apart in their lives. Just sharing:) the pics got switched around, but descriptions should help:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom