The story behind the name

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rjv_piper, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Mine is my first name and my birthday...totally original, huh?[​IMG]

Seriously thought about changing it to "Lefty the one-armed chicken wrangler" after Skip and I had our bike wreck as I've moved more chickens around one-handed, than the whole time we've had them.

The first incident happened right after Skip came home from the hospital...he'd come along to help me feed/water/collect eggs and I came out of the main coop in tears. One of the roos got his butt kicked and was hiding out in a nest box. I was upset about that but what hurt worse was I had no idea how I was going to catch him with my right arm in a cast/sling. Got the chicken net and had him in it in record time...third try was the charm. [​IMG]

He's been in a hospital cage since then and has recovered completely. So I went to add more hay for him a few days ago and he decided he was going to get out the opened door as I was putting the hay in...WRONG...I threw the hay left-handed and before he could fully escape, I had him by the rear-end/tail feathers with my left hand. Skip said he'd never have believed it if he hadn't seen the whole thing for himself. [​IMG]

The cast will be coming off...finally...on Wednesday so I guess I'll stick with Dawn419...

Dawn

2. 2 Beauts

2 Beauts Songster

Mar 8, 2008
    Virginia
    I have 2 beautiful girls, so obviously 2 Beauts!

3. CuddlesXL

CuddlesXL In the Brooder

Oct 31, 2007
    My Wife calls me her "Big Cuddlepuss"

Heh,heh...go figure [​IMG]

4. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Songster

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Well, I'm a mama, and my last name is Boyd, so that's how Mamaboyd came to be, plus it 's easier for me to remember and I use it on different forums. [​IMG]

5. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Songster

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Mine is chickenboy8 because I have got chickens and 8 of them.

6. Dumpling

Dumpling In the Brooder

Feb 27, 2008
    West Tennessee
    Dumpling is my husband's nickname for me.

7. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Songster

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Mine is obvious I love my chickens.

I used to be Antadeta-my neice could not say Aunt DeeDee when she was a toddler but she could say aunta deta

DeeDee

8. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Songster

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    I was 1iahawkfan - The Iowa Hawkeyes are my favorite college team. But, I decided to change - my youngest son is leaving for college this fall. After 28 years I will have an empty nest [​IMG]

However, I've found a new hobby to keep me occupied [​IMG]

9. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Songster

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    kingscalls= King is our last name..........Calls came from the fact that we started raising call ducks

Now we are trying to come up with a farm name so, we can register our future goats in our farm name. So far we have.....Hill Top Farm, we are on top of a big hill
    Valley View Farm, we also have a great view of the valley.

10. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Songster

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Quote:Hmmmm, chicken and dumplings! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: