The strangest place youve...

Not really strange, but one time my hen was sitting in a nestbox on top of a pile of wood. My brother and dad didnt know, so they started taking wood from the pile and made the box roll down the pile. The hen hung on tight, and laid her egg before she jumped out screaming her brains out!

Long before I had chickens but was doing dog rescue I came home to find a plastic dog carrier on my porch. expecting to find another dog I looked into to find 3 little black banty hens. To this day i don't know where they came from, this was way long before keeping chickens int eh city was legal.

I gave them to a friend with a big barn and horses. One of them Tonya, lived to be 11!

I had a rescued leghorn battery hen that decided the hav-a-hart trap I had set up looked a lot like her old home and managed to trap herself not once, not twice but three times.
The trap was between two cords of wood and all my other hens would never venture between the two cords. The dark tunnel didn't scare this hen.
I finally decided to not set the trap until after her bedtime.

Before I ever owned chickens my DD and I were out of town for a meeting.
We stopped at a family diner for lunch and when we got out of our car and walked towards the restaurant a chicken ran towards us then turn and ran away from us.She just hung out in their flower gardens.
BTW my DD had nerve to then order a chicken salad sandwich for lunch.
th.gif

We had a lot of jokes but none I will speak here.
smack.gif

I haven't found a chicken in a strange spot, but I have found eggs in the middle of the run. They were all laid by my standard Buff Cochin who can't NOT be in the middle of the action. It's as if life as a chicken is way too exciting to live from a nest box!
hmm.png

Well, today one of my BR's got in my house somehow (I have no idea) and I walked out into the kitchen to get a drink and she was perched in my sink!

yeah i found a barred rock standing in a corner where the door to the stairs is earlier today. it was creepy like the blair witch chicken...

These are great stories!

My best was finding my roosters Montgomery Ward and Vivian in the kitchen, perched on my dish rack full of (formerly) clean dishes.
Also, one of my gals has figured out how to use the cat door, so periodically we come home to find her wandering around the house.

ummmm... I don't have chickens yet, but a friend came to my house yesterday and said there was a chicken walking down 10th St.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom