the sultan thread

Pics
I'm getting 15 sultan bantam chicks in 2 weeks im so very excited im glad i found a thread about them. This is a new breed for me and i may need help with them as they are growing. I cant wait to get my new babies!!
celebrate.gif

Good for you I would be just as excited!
big_smile.png
Where are you getting them from! Also if anyone on this thread see's this that knows a Sultan breeder could you please direct me to them! I'm looking to breed sultans in any size please help me!

big_smile.png
Where are you getting them from! Also if anyone on this thread see's this that knows a Sultan breeder could you please direct me to them! I'm looking to breed sultans in any size please help me!

I raise large fowl Sultans..............have a waiting list for eggs and chicks..........
smile.png

Murray McMurray Hatchery!! They are the only ones that i have found so far that have the bantam sized sultans. They called though and now i am waiting on them till march 6th. The anxiety is killing me!!! It feels like it has been months and i just ordered them in January. Time goes by so slow when you are so excited about something...
fl.gif
I hope they come in this time!!!

big_smile.png
We have large fowl Sultans eggs to sell but We only have a few hens and the grils are having a hard time keeping up.Pm me for avability
Bill

I got 2 sultans last Saturday that were less than a week old then. They both have a few black spots on them....I have not previously seen any pics of sultans with any spots. Can someone tell me, is that normal? They do have light skin, so not silkies.

I got 2 sultans last Saturday that were less than a week old then. They both have a few black spots on them....I have not previously seen any pics of sultans with any spots. Can someone tell me, is that normal? They do have light skin, so not silkies.

I've seen pictures of of black sultans, so it wouldn't surprise me that there are some splashes out there. Anyone know?

Do you have pics??

Does anyone have any markers on sexing? My two are 3 weeks old, and really would love to know what to look for with this breed. :)

Oh, I didn't know there was black sultans, cool! I started to get pics, but my cats started moving around when they heard the peeps of the chicky, so I figured I would wait for someone to come home and help me get pic.Here they are:
This one has just the couple spots on the back of head, and I just noticed there is no feathering on feet or legs.........no real noticeable poof on head

This one, the spots are more of a grey, and hard to see in the pic, but they are more like patches than spots, on the wing feathers. This chicky has leg and feet feathering, with poofy head.

How many toes for Sultans? these both have 4 toes

Oh, I didn't know there was black sultans, cool! I started to get pics, but my cats started moving around when they heard the peeps of the chicky, so I figured I would wait for someone to come home and help me get pic.Here they are:
This one has just the couple spots on the back of head, and I just noticed there is no feathering on feet or legs.........no real noticeable poof on head

This one, the spots are more of a grey, and hard to see in the pic, but they are more like patches than spots, on the wing feathers. This chicky has leg and feet feathering, with poofy head.

How many toes for Sultans? these both have 4 toes

Hmmm, I wonder that maybe these aren't sultans? Sultans have 5 toes, and very, very distinct foot feathering. Here are pics of my two a week ago, at two weeks old:

Notice the emerging mohawks..........

..........and the feathered vulture hocks.

Heavily feathered feet with 5 toes. Both of mine have nice bumpy beaks, too.

Maybe if there were pics of the legs/feet and hocks?

Back
Top Bottom