the sultan thread

I have 2 that just weighed in at 2.8 pounds at almost a year old. 1 went broody at 10 months old. Both lay well- 4 to 5 eggs a week so far. One started to lay at 22 weeks the other at almost 27 weeks. Eggs are between small and medium with big yolks. Mine came from Meyer hatchery. They are great birds. So personable

You know, I am not sure. I bought them from the hatchery in the regular bird catagory, but they are small. Hok and Cluck-Cluck would know for sure. They are really knowledgable in Sultans. If you can, I would buy them from a breeder to keep the breed true if you are going to hatch any to keep the breed going strong with its traits.

I have really become attached to the Sultan breed. They are the best I have ever had. I don't know if I just got lucky or if they are all this way, or if I just raised them with so much care and attention. They are just the most comical girls I have ever had. So friendly, and they LOVE to be held and pampered. So far they have done well with my other large breeds and my full size rooster has left them alone completely. (luck? smart rooster?)

there is a facebook page for Sultan owners as well that is REALLY good. It is " Sultan Fowl - the number one chicken"

My Sultan roo is still living rough in my LF flock. If anyone lives close enough to pick him up I will give him away to get him a good home.

Dang it.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom