1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Sussex thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Dec 27, 2009.

1. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks so much for the photos! I'll try to get some photos of my little birds too, so you can confirm for me they are speckled sussex. I am excited they might be!

2. lizrndiver

lizrndiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    South Beloit, IL
    Updated pictures of my buff and red sussex hens

[​IMG]

Peach

[​IMG]

Penny

Enjoy......

Liz

3. Triple R Bantams

Triple R Bantams Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2010
    My Rooster
    [​IMG]

The Girls
    [​IMG]

4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    ok i know i said i had some speckled sussex and i said i would post pics well here they are

[​IMG]
    here are the girls

[​IMG]
    here is my roo Rex

5. i be getting chicks in a few months, maybe i'll get a cockeral and a pullet speckled sussex

6. SFIcelandics

SFIcelandics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    6 or 7 years ago, I had speckled sussex from C.M. Estes Hatchery. They turned out to be really nice birds. I know that their welsummers come from Calico Woods/Harry Shaw. The welsummer is also a rare breed, So I am guessing that their speckled sussex also came from a reputable breeder.

Has anyone else ordered SS from CM Estes or have some from them!?

Nate Vanwey

7. revolutionmama

revolutionmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    CabinInTheWoods
    Does anyone know how the Buff Sussex got imported to the US and when? I am working on a Buff Sussex project and I love them, the color is so amazing. Just want to know a little more history. Does anyone else have any lines? I would love to introduce more lines...anyone up for trading eggs? Here are a few pics of mine.

[​IMG]

A younger picture -

[​IMG]

8. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Doesn't Paul Bradshaw have buffs from Australia? I think Big Blue has them too, but I haven't seen him on here in a while. I also know someone in ME has them too but I don't think he's selling any yet.

Wasn't there someone a few years ago that brought some in from Canada as well?

9. revolutionmama

revolutionmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    CabinInTheWoods
    Quote:I know Paul Bradshaw has some, I'll have to check out the others. I have the ones from Canada.

10. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    This thread has me sooooo excited to get my baby Sussex next week! [​IMG] I haven't been this excited for babies yet this year! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by