The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Pics
I know how difficult it is to lose them. :hugs
Now momma can live on through this little one! 😊
Thank you so much @TwoCrows. ❤️ I lost the little ones grandmother in January (she would’ve been 10 this summer). Then, this chicks mother (who was very close with her own mother) slowly went downhill, until she passed earlier this month. She isolated herself, wandered around alone calling out, then started losing weight. Short of a vet visit, I tried everything to help her. It’s like the poor girl was sad. 😞 But, I’m so glad I took her last egg (as soon as I saw her lay it) and incubated. By then, I knew mama wasn’t going to recover. So sorry for such a sad story on a beautiful Easter. ❤️

IMG-ed33b3c3b65ff9689cd77aa69c40829f-V.jpg Lady Gaga says it's fine. Plus, Gaga's keeper has told you, you're free to derail the thread with pictures of your birds anytime!

Sorry AGAIN, Fluffy!.. for hijacking Gaga’s thread! 🥰

Thank you so much @TwoCrows. ❤️ I lost the little ones grandmother in January (she would’ve been 10 this summer). Then, this chicks mother (who was very close with her own mother) slowly went downhill, until she passed earlier this month. She isolated herself, wandered around alone calling out, then started losing weight. Short of a vet visit, I tried everything to help her. It’s like the poor girl was sad. 😞 But, I’m so glad I took her last egg (as soon as I saw her lay it) and incubated. By then, I knew mama wasn’t going to recover. So sorry for such a sad story on a beautiful Easter. ❤️

Awe, I'm so sorry to hear :hugs . I've had birds over the years that were very very close. Ursula and her cockerel Napoleon were close, she seemed so off after he passed. Koutsi was another one. She'd bonded with a Tsouloufati hen while they were in the med bay pen (now the serama pen)

It's nighttime here, so here are the updates of the second egg collecting round! We are now up to 9 serama eggs, and 18 Tsouloufati eggs. We've still got four days left, so we'll see what the final count is. Thursday is the last day of egg collection, and then a full 24 hours later ( so that the newest eggs have some time to settle), we will be setting!

Any and all egg laying vibes are welcome, especially on the serama front!

Beautiful but sad story. Suits Easter very well. 💚

It's nighttime here, so here are the updates of the second egg collecting round! We are now up to 9 serama eggs, and 18 Tsouloufati eggs. We've still got four days left, so we'll see what the final count is. Thursday is the last day of egg collection, and then a full 24 hours later ( so that the newest eggs have some time to settle), we will be setting!

Any and all egg laying vibes are welcome, especially on the serama front!
Will you hatch all the Tsouloufati eggs too?

Back
Top Bottom