The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Pics
It's nighttime here, so here are the updates of the second egg collecting round! We are now up to 9 serama eggs, and 18 Tsouloufati eggs. We've still got four days left, so we'll see what the final count is. Thursday is the last day of egg collection, and then a full 24 hours later ( so that the newest eggs have some time to settle), we will be setting!

Any and all egg laying vibes are welcome, especially on the serama front!
Okay, Scary Spice, Foureira, and No-name (how can that cutie not have a name?!) , there's no way y'all are able to resist this!
3750237-76d6e58f69fda7338969fecc38a78ea8.jpg
So please little ladies, let's get busy! Clean and fertile does it! 🥚🥚🥚
😁

Yes, Penguin just wasn’t herself at all after Onyx passed. It was very sad to watch that sweet girl call for her. 😞
I had a hen do that (Tillie) after her sister died. (Molly)These two were attached at the hip all their lives, slept together, bathed together, laid eggs at the same time in the same box, talked to each other ALL day long. After Molly died, Tillie would wait in the run after dark crying these whines in the dark run looking for Molly, made me cry. Tillie had panic attacks when I turned out the lights at night without Molly next to her. Tillie stopped eating, stopped talking, stopped laying, refused to get off the roost bar... I though she might completely pine away. She did pull out of it, but it took Tillie 3 months to let her sister go. It was very heartbreaking to watch.

DSCN3080.JPG

Okay, Scary Spice, Foureira, and No-name (how can that cutie not have a name?!) , there's no way y'all are able to resist this!
View attachment 3787871
So please little ladies, let's get busy! Clean and fertile does it! 🥚🥚🥚
😁

This is perfect :lau :lau :lau !

I don't know, I've never come up with a name that matches up her personality. Lady Gaga was named Lady Gaga because he's like a superstar, and I had the name floating around in my head even before settling on which boy to get. Foureira got her name because she's feisty, always has been. And the real Foureira always has a certain power to her dance moves and lyrics. Scary Spice got named by a BYC member, after I said that she scares me every time she flies, since she can fly like a dove. With this pullet, I can't find a pop icon or pop moment (that's the theme) that would match her personality

I had a hen do that (Tillie) after her sister died. (Molly)These two were attached at the hip all their lives, slept together, bathed together, laid eggs at the same time in the same box, talked to each other ALL day long. After Molly died, Tillie would wait in the run after dark crying these whines in the dark run looking for Molly, made me cry. Tillie had panic attacks when I turned out the lights at night without Molly next to her. Tillie stopped eating, stopped talking, stopped laying, refused to get off the roost bar... I though she might completely pine away. She did pull out of it, but it took Tillie 3 months to let her sister go. It was very heartbreaking to watch.

View attachment 3787908

I remember reading about their beautiful bond on your article. Made me cry too:hugs

Back
Top Bottom