The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Pics
Well, Fluffy. It sounds like you’re going to have a nice amount of Serama eggs for the first go-around. Don’t worry about the numbers. It won’t be long before you triple your amount of eggs! Seramas are quite good layers. Are you still going to use the quail egg holders? It’s amazing how a chicken can hatch from an egg close to the size of a Bobwhite or Coturnix egg!

Not really worried, just wanted to have a healthy amount of serama eggs if you will. This started as a serama hatch, now it's a serama and Tsouloufati hatch, don't wan too turn it into a Tsouloufati and a few serama eggs hatch. But you can only do what your birds give you, and I'm grateful to have happy healthy birds. We'll see on Thursday how many make the cut to be put into the incubator on Friday

Yes, I will be using the quail egg turners! It truly is so odd, if you think about it. A quail sized chicken egg!

I was also thinking that perhaps No-Name could be shortened to Nona. Then, she will have a name. 😊

That's a wonderful idea! The theme is pop icons/pop culture moments, but it's not like I had any luck with that. At the very least, this could be an alias, until we can come up with another name (IF that ever happens). Nona it is!

That's a wonderful idea! The theme is pop icons/pop culture moments, but it's not like I had any luck with that. At the very least, this could be an alias, until we can come up with another name (IF that ever happens). Nona it is!
There IS an American musician named Nona Hendryx.

Without knowing her personality and just going by her colors, tan buff caramel gold, and their kinda fierce look - pop show? (I didn't watch it though)-
Buffy the Vampire Slayer 😉

I've not watched the series, but I did a little google search on her personality. Google says she's one to take the lead, confident, maybe even stubborn. No name Nona is more so a go with the flow type of gal, that's confident in her own self, but not overly so

How's egg collection going? 🥚 How many do you have so far? :pop 😊

Right now, 19 Tsouloufati eggs and 8 serama eggs. One serama egg had a big crack and I took it out. I have not checked for eggs since yesterday, and will hold off from doing so until Thursday. I expect a few of the eggs that I've collected to be deemed not hatch quality when I do the final check on Thursday. Hopefully the numbers don't drop too much

Back
Top Bottom