The True Truth: How to tell an Easter Egger from an Ameraucana. Even if you think you have an Ameraucana, do check!

Have you ever gotten a pure Ameraucana from a feed store? If so, share pics!

• Yes, many!

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I have one that has all the traits to be pure....

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • I’m not sure? (Share some pics and I can tell you!)

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • No, but I hope so.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • No, and I know I never will! :)

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Bought from feed store as Americanas. (These are EEs, then.)

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • Bought from a breeder who lied

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Bought from a breeder and they’re pure!

Votes: 21 16.2%

• Total voters
Pics
Is this an Ameraucana
IMG_1094.JPG

Not sure if it's ok that I post this here, I have another thread going on but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. This is a slate colored leg. No yellow tone. Everything else on the list checks out, but people were very quick to call these EEs. I don't really care, it's more about the amount of money I spent on them, and whether I suggest this breeder to others or not :) thank you for any input. (Birds in question are about 7 or 8 weeks old).

Attachments

• 20210416_143843.jpg
    20210416_143843.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210409_222923.jpg
    20210409_222923.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 10
Not sure if it's ok that I post this here, I have another thread going on but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. This is a slate colored leg. No yellow tone. Everything else on the list checks out, but people were very quick to call these EEs. I don't really care, it's more about the amount of money I spent on them, and whether I suggest this breeder to others or not :) thank you for any input. (Birds in question are about 7 or 8 weeks old).
Yes, they look slate.

Thank you so much! I've never been able to understand the difference so this helped a lot! Many thanks!
The whole EE Vs Ameraucana flutter reminds me of Cheerleaders arguing over who's Prada backpack is better.

The mean girls are always making up arcane rules that no one but they can meet, and use these rules to make everyone else feel badly about themselves. Cyber bullies in high school moved to APA.

The whole EE Vs Ameraucana flutter reminds me of Cheerleaders arguing over who's Prada backpack is better.

The mean girls are always making up arcane rules that no one but they can meet, and use these rules to make everyone else feel badly about themselves. Cyber bullies in high school moved to APA.
Okaaaay, well....EEs are literally mutts, and Ameraucana are purebreds. I’m not saying one’s better than the other, but they’re two very different things.

Okaaaay, well....EEs are literally mutts, and Ameraucana are purebreds. I’m not saying one’s better than the other, but they’re two very different things.
You both make great points! Not trying to ruffle anyone's fathers😅🐔✌❤ I'm just happy that mine MIGHT actually be true, purebred. I can't wait until they are older! I'll share pictures when they are over 10 weeks and all settled outside :) thanks again for the input @EmmaRainboe 👍🏻😊

Back
Top Bottom