The vet killed Kiwi!

The vet should have tested Kiwi before putting her under. There is a blood test they can do to see if they will have problems. Unless you refused it, it should have been offered. I also agree, why did the dog need to be under for checking it's cast?

You could pick up Kiwi and take her to another vet and her an autopsy done, to see if there was something really wrong with her liver, or too much anesthesia or ???

I am very sorry for your family's loss. She was adorable.

Also, you need to see the body. Is it possible they decided you were somehow neglectful to the puppy and stole her? I have heard of such things to happen. Obviously they lied to you all afternoon about her, so what's to say they didn't lie to you about this............

I've thought about that. My mom even asked last week if he was sure about the sedation because she worried since Kiwi only weighed 3 lbs. The idiot said "no, don't worry. It's nothing. We do it all the time. You go ahead on your trip a we'll take care of her." And I trusted his every word whole heartedly. I feel like such an idiot-- like I let Kiwi down and didn't protect her. I just can't stand it!

Mom was in shock when he told her yesterday and didn't ask a lot of questions. She called the office this morning, but he hasn't returned her calls. What a coward!

That is SO sad
hit.gif
Makes me cry just thinking about it. Even more sad seeing that sweet little picture! Sometimes that does happen..I worked at a veterinary office for a few years and a few times we had that happen especially if there was a tiny dog involved. They can't seem to handle sedation very well. Your right, I don't think it was wise of them to sedate her though just to check her cast. You never want to sedate little dogs like that unless you HAVE to. My condolences to your family
sad.png

I consulted another vet and they said that anesthisia wouldn't show up in an autopsy. Only bigger things like tumors and heart defects would show. I feel so helpless!

Oh honey I'm sorry. I really do not have anything against vets, but I tend to distrust them. I took a dog to the vet once to get her spayed and they trimmed her nails too (without asking) and they cut them so short they bled. That dog would not let me or anyone else come near her feet again.

I'm sorry for your loss.

:aww

pips&peeps :

Any reputable vet in my area does blood work before sedation unless it is an emergency situation. This is not right.

I worked at a vet for 4 years. There were certain instances where the vets would require blood work before sedation, and more often then not the owners would make a big stink about it. Unfortunately, when anesthesia is concerned, there is always a risk whether your animal or human.

Sorry for your loss.​

Back
Top Bottom