The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
Do you have another photo of the rooster in the second photo?

Told you I'm not a photographer.
tongue.png
That is actually the same roo, in both pics, but different hen. Just a differnt angle and flash. The top pic has the corner of another pen, and that is a different roo, but he is to light hackled, although he has a perfect 5 point comb.Go figure.

I got a welsummer egg today!!! Its lighter with speckles - we'll see if I get another tomorrow. I think it is a pure welsummer egg. Because my Welsummer x Sussex Hens were born sept 9th, and would only be 4 months old, and are only for my egg laying pen.

Nate

Yay! I have some cool news! I've been thinking about it, and about how much I love my Wellie and don't want to sell him, and you all know that I have an order of 15 female BO chicks coming in March, so I might just put in an order of 3-5 Welsummer female chicks to come around the same time and just raise them together! I'm in touch with a man that is local and he's hatching some more Buff Orps (If only I'd know that before I'd ordered some
roll.png
) and he is willing to give me a free Buff Orp rooster once it's old enough. So, that would possibly leave me with 16 Buff Orpingtons (15 hens and one rooster), five Welsummers (4 hens and one rooster), and my Red Sex Link hen, and my Red Cochin rooster!
smile.png
What do you think?

I know! I'm really getting pumped about getting to keep Maple Syrup
wink.png
He will love having his own hens! I'm looking at the local Farmers and Consumers Market Bulletin for some Wellie hens for sale, because I want to buy from someone near me: a safe way to buy, and no shipping involved
wink.png

Question:
I won't be back on BYC tonight, BUT...
If I have four laying boxes, and nineteen hens, will that be an over load for them? I'm almost positive that by the time my pullets start laying, I won't still have 15 of them (the other four will be my Wellie hens and my Red Sex Link hen), but even fifteen-seventeen in too many hens for four boxes if I'm correct... correct?
big_smile.png
Thanks in advance
wink.png
roll.png

Oh, and goodnight!

Back
Top Bottom