The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Just hatched out a few Bantam welsummers

004-6.jpg

Quote:
Yes, mostly Barber with a few Whitmore hens added in to the flock.

Well maybe we can do an egg or chick swap or something - I am also hoping to get some eggs out of robins CW hen and my rooster.

nate

Quote:
Hi Nate. Here's the update, I have a Coloradoan who wants Wellies (like me) and another who wants blue wheaten marans, and another who is interested in ducks. I haven't heard which specific ducks are of interest. Another Coloradoan loves the cotton patch geese - but has no room for them. I will be in touch soon. I want to place our order soon, but we are not looking for delivery until May.

Ok, sounds good with the welsummers.

The only thing with the Wheatens and Blue wheatens - I breed a wheaten to a blue, so not all chicks will be blue, only a certain % will be blue. Just so you are aware of that when ordering. I am only selling MARANS day olds as assorted(blue wheaten and wheaten) - as I cannot tell the color then - but if they want to take the chance, theya re nice birds! The specific color prices are for picked up birds - I have to do some more editing on my website to make things clear on the marans - I wish I had enough breeding stock to be able to offer both, but not at this time.

nate

he lays dark eggs like a welsummer, thats why i thought he was at least half
Quote:
Oh, I thought you were saying Fred was a rooster and after seeing the pictures, I was going to say, noooooo, its a pullet LOL!

Sexlinks can vary in colors and I have to say it is a mixed breed, a Sexlink, and if it does come from a hatchery, then it would be a poor example of a Welsummer. What color of egg does she lay? She doe snot have the correct colors, and leg color is wrong, should be yellow.

Nice little girl you got there! she is lovely at her own, regardless of what breed she really is.

Quote:

Well maybe we can do an egg or chick swap or something - I am also hoping to get some eggs out of robins CW hen and my rooster.

nate

I'd love to! When do you start shipping chicks?

Quote:

nate

You BET you 'll have some if I can a good supply of these eggs out of her! I will mark her eggs along with the others if you want some too! If not, I'll see if I can get you a couple of pullets and pull some teeth to ship birds to you. I'll have to make a few calls!
wink.png

I am not a photographer. That woulkd be DD, but she is not here right now,allthough she does have pics of my chicks.
Took these today, not the best, but not so bad either I wanted to get them out side, but 2 feet of snow, they look at me and
lol.png

46679_008.jpg
This guy is about 9.5 months old, I like him
46679_f1.jpg
Couple of my Grisham line hens in with him. They need some work, but gotta start somewhere. I have hacthed 20 or so out of this cross and look promising at this point.

Quote:
OMGosh! They are TOOOOOOO SWEET!!!!
love.gif

*mutters to self* *I don't have room for bantams*......*I don't have room for bantams*...... *I don't have room for bantams*.....*I don't have room for bantams*

Back
Top Bottom