The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Hello, I am new here, and am picking up my first chicks, 15 Welsummers on April 18. I just have one question right now. Could you all stop posting to this thread for a while? I am trying to catch up and am still on page 30. It will take a while to get to page 399.
big_smile.png
Just kidding and enjoying the posts trying to learn.

I am happy to say that we now have 43 members of the WCNA! Great going guys!

There is a change of nomination for the secretary duties of the WCNA.....Pinkchick is not able to do the job because of her personal duties at home is much more important to her. However glad to say that Pinkchick is still good to go as a member! Now the position IS open for the secretary...anyone wants to volunteer?? HappyChooks????? Anyone??????

No big deal if we don't have anyone nominated and we can try again in the fall when things slow down a bit. I know spring time most of us would be out and about, and not spending much time on the computer!

Gladly to say that some of our members are being "sold out" for the year! Great job promoting the Welsummers!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks Robin for letting folks know that I can't do the secretary position right now...but you can sure betcha I will still be here and will still be active in my Wellies. Maybe later when life settles down a bit I can help out with other things.
smile.png

BTW: I have some eggs over in the auction thread if anyone is interested. I collected for someone and they cannot take them right now and I hate to see them go to waste.

Have a great day everybody!

frow.gif

Hello-I am so excited to have stumbled upon this thread!
lol.png
I am in Maine and looking for Welsummers-apparently they aren't easy to find around here:) I really don't want to hatch eggs, mostly looking for newly hatched or pullets. I would like four of them to compliment my four Barred Rocks and four Ameraucanas. If anyone knows where I should start looking please point me in the right direction. Our chickens are pets and breakfast suppliers, not for showing, but I would really like to have some of the dark egg layers for my own selfish reasons
big_smile.png

Anyone have any input on My Pet Chicken hatchery? I notice they are the only ones that are not sold out of Wellies...maybe for a reason? I don't know, HELP!

Quote:
Hey Double-O,
I'm in Midcoast Maine (So. Thomaston) and sorry to say I 'had' some Welsummers, but am down to just what I am keeping for myself now.
However, I am hatching some other breeds now - PM me and I can tell you what I may have available in a month or so...
Steve

Double O -

I know Nate (sficelandics here on BYC) and I *think* McSpin ship chicks. I don't think they have started up for the spring yet though, it's still pretty cold.

BTW.....where the heck has Nate disappeared to?

Quote:
If I wasn't taking care of so many chicks right now Kim, I'd take them in a heartbeat! And my DH will kill me if I incubate again right now - too bad I don't have a broody, he doesn't object to hens hatching, he just doesn't like the heat lamp.

Back
Top Bottom