The Welsummer Thread!!!!

bee~ It is not gender specific and can pop up on both. What has me vexed is that they have just now appeared and on the inside of the leg, near the top as you mentioned. Now I've had stub issues in the past and it is something I have talked about here on the forum but the stub problem I have encountered is the stubs in between the toes and how totally weird that these stubs have come in at the age these chicks are. I raised those chicks for over a month and not one of them hatched with stubs on the toe area or the legs. Wonder why they have come in after hatch???? I had thought that I had had this issue resolved. I seriously think that I am going to be done with Welsummers. Everytime I think I have culled the correct birds after test mating....this happens.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Genetics are definitely fascinating! My tenant has this bird now, so I'll be able to keep an eye on it and see what (if anything) develops. Definitely keeps us on our toes, eh?!

Last edited:
Ok so I've been incubating welsummer eggs and tomorrow is lockdown, I've been candling since day 10 and they have looked the same each time i checked (fat end has dark blob) what should welsummer eggs look like at this stage?? Please help!!!

So we now have a 5 week old Welsummer. She is a cutie. I hope she really is a Welsummer like he said, it looks just like our Brown Leghorn that we lost to the heat.

I got this Welsummer by accident. I was told it was a Speckled Sussex when I purchased her 5 months ago. She is a beauty. How old are they when they start laying? I have read and been told about what good egg layers they are. I am excited to see....

99446_wyandotte.jpg

Back
Top Bottom