The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Gold Duckwing Welsummer chicks wanted!
please send me an email or PM..
Can't wait to breed this gorgious bird here in the Rockies.....
but first I've to find these birds...

Quote:
I just got my 1st 2 welsummer hens in March & they had just started laying B4 that. I have 1 that has been very broody lately. so she is not laying. It's usually only a certain few of my bantams that get broody, my big girls have not, just whinny ~ LOL

Quote:
I just got my 1st 2 welsummer hens in March & they had just started laying B4 that. I have 1 that has been very broody lately. so she is not laying. It's usually only a certain few of my bantams that get broody, my big girls have not, just whinny ~ LOL

let me know if you would like to send me any of your chicks, are they gold duckwing welsummers?

Quote:

let me know if you would like to send me any of your chicks, are they gold duckwing welsummers?

I don't know. I got them from a lady In Clarmount, NH. I don't have my Wel Roo anymore, I got him from her as well last Nov. he had a mishap & his back end was crooked, I lost him 4 month later
sad.png
think it was his physical mis hap that was his cause.
I got the Roo with his disability. He was @ a chicken swap with about 10 other Roos for free, & we didn't want 2 C him go as a meat bird, he was way 2 sweet. He was awesome, very quite, never crowed either:idunno
I have 2 Maran Roo's & 2 Bantam roos, so I would not have pure welsummer chicks
sad.png
sorry

Last edited:
Are there any Welsummer breeders from middle TN on this thread? I sure would like to get a couple of Welsummer pullets, and I'd really rather pick them up instead of ordering from a hatchery. Thanks!

is there anybody that hatched or is hatching some great line of Wellie's soon?
I'm interested if you can do shipping.....don't have an incubator yet, sorry!
Heard that there are no gold/silver duckwing Welsummer breeder in the US at all, what about Canada?

All wellies are now out in the garage/greenhouse. Thank goodness they are out of the basement! Last 12 chicks hatched are in a large dog crate and do need to build them an area in the garage to grow up a bit to the rest of the flock. Got everyone rebanded and watching those zip ties closely!

My roo from my spring hatch has one crooked toe. Otherwise he is looking good. I'm not in trouble in the city yet, cause no crowing has started. The 2 white silkie bantams are feisty and holding their own in the flock of 36 Wellies. Good thing they bonded to the oldest roo.

But they are approaching a bag of grower feed a week!! I should probably expand their area into the dark enclosed back room of the pit green house, but will need to move out some cages, pallets and bricks. It is a sand floor and I'm not sure how well that would be for them as their aren't very many bricks, just going from the door to the stair and the room they are in now with all the windows has a solid brick floor and I put vermicompost over that to give them something to scratch in and it worked really well. Then I've been raked up the dried poos and it seem to be staying nice.

Still trying to consolidate my pasture barn lease for relocating my herd. Would love to move before winter. Have fencing to get up and didn't discuss the chickens/coop yet. But will just keep working on things here!

Been spending a lot of time over at my alpaca farm and just giving the chickens a quick look and doing their chore the last couple of weeks. Hubby's big trip to Cleveland Clinic turned out ok with his thoracic vertabrae all fully involved with prostrate cancer but slow progression.

I need info on the NATIONALs since it is a couple hours from me, I really should attend. Anybody think I should enter some of my Welsummers? And if so, how do I do that? Do I need special show cages or can I use my parrot breeder cages? Need some help with that info, please.

Bon

Back
Top Bottom