The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Awww.... So sweet! Congratulations.
wee.gif

Welcome!
frow.gif

And thanks for sharing.
pop.gif

Hiyas! I only have 4 chickens but 1 is a Welly so I wanted to join the club. Her name is Tea. My boyfriend wanted to name her Mr. T due to her stripe as a chick but I insisted on her having a girl name so Tea was our compromise. All the girls are very nice to each other, no one is pushy but there are the brave and the well... "chicken" chickens, Tea is in the middle. She's a follower. She's the look out, most curious, and likes to inspect everything but is never the one to actually go see what's up. She's the warning alarm and the most vocal. I'll be sure to update the next growth spurt or when she lays an egg.

Hi all! I have two Wellies in my flock and I'm still not sure of their gender. Both are about two months of age though one has muffs and the other doesn't. Also, the one with muffs has downward-turning tail feathers and the one without has upright. Other than these feather patterns, their colors are virtually identical. Can they still both be pullets?

Are these Welsummer Chicks? I Went to buy some pullets from a guy who buys and hatches eggs and he said he had some Welsummers, some Barred Rocks and a few Cochins. I ended up getting a better deal if I bought the cage so I figured I would pick out the ones I want to keep and sell the rest. When I was trying to sex the ones I wanted to keep I noticed some white feathers coming in on the chest. I don't know if its just because they are young between 4 and 5 weeks or if they aren't really Welsummers. The other Welsummer pics I've seen don't seem to have any white feathers.

So I was able to snap a few pics this morning. Obviously the better pics show the one with the muffs and a reddish hue feathering. The more grainy, side profile pic is of the one with an upward tail, more golden tones, and NO muffs. I can get more pics if that'd help. Any ideas? Breeding? G

ender?

So I was able to snap a few pics this morning. Obviously the better pics show the one with the muffs and a reddish hue feathering. The more grainy, side profile pic is of the one with an upward tail, more golden tones, and NO muffs. I can get more pics if that'd help. Any ideas? Breeding? G

ender?

They both look like my Easter Eggers. Both are Female. I guess you don't know the color of the eggs or you would know they were female. Let us know what color eggs they lay. I think they are mixed breed birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom