The Welsummer Thread!!!!

My Wellies are growing up...not show birds or part of any breeding regime, but not hatchery birds as far as I know.
Any comments on their conformity would be welcome

Wilma at 13 weeks:

Woody at 12 weeks...he's still got a bald spot and a 'cowlick':

Woody had a growth spurt this last week or so, he was markedly smaller than Wilma before but now is a tad bigger...and I think he's trying to crow, haven't seen it but he's the oldest junior roo in the coop and it cracks me up to hear it.

10302697_10200976595896767_6131327695115533229_n.jpg

My Wellies are growing up...not show birds or part of any breeding regime, but not hatchery birds as far as I know.

Wilma at 13 weeks:

Woody had a growth spurt this last week or so, he was markedly smaller than Wilma before but now is a tad bigger...and I think he's trying to crow, haven't seen it but he's the oldest junior roo in the coop and it cracks me up to hear it.
its always funny hearing their first few attemps at crowing ..it always reminds me of the epasode of peter brady when he went threw puberty and his voice was changing....lol

nice looking birds ..mine are just 7 weeks now ..i tried crowing for them myself this morning ..needless to say it got real quite and then looks of "dont ever try that again please"..lol

Hurray! I have bantam Wellies hatching today. They are under hens so count isn't accurate, but looks to be 8-10. I'm anxious to see how I like this breed.

Wilma at 13 weeks:

they are really still too young to assess, especially on a rooster. I do like the nice flat back on the pullet, she has a good tail angle too. If you want proper critiques take pictures from the side level with the bird, from the top looking straight down at the bird, and pictures with the wing extended.

Hello back WV. I bought the eggs at a swap from a lady in southern Virginia. I understand this is a combined line of gamebirdsonly and someone in Wisc, whom she didn't remember. There is a person in southeast VA that has a very nice line. I would have liked to got them from her but she doesn't ship and pretty far. But I'm getting ahead of myself. They are being hatched under a hen so it will take longer to decide if I like them as a breed. But I was impressed with the eggs.
They are partridge.

Last edited:
Hello back WV. I bought the eggs at a swap from a lady in southern Virginia. I understand this is a combined line of gamebirdsonly and someone in Wisc, whom she didn't remember. There is a person in southeast VA that has a very nice line. I would have liked to got them from her but she doesn't ship and pretty far. But I'm getting ahead of myself. They are being hatched under a hen so it will take longer to decide if I like them as a breed. But I was impressed with the eggs.
They are partridge.

Ewesheep - Was Andre in Wisconsin?? Gamebirdsonly has nice birds. I know the egg color on my bantams is very pale, and the birds themselves need work on type and coloring. I have silver though. Looking forward to seeing pictures of yours as they grow out!

Back
Top Bottom