The Welsummer Thread!!!!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can anyone with more experience help me sex these three? This first on (a girl I think) is physco and is attacking everyone badly. I have had to put her in time out. What do you do with a day old chick so aggressive that she is about to peck the eyes out of another?[/FONT]

Last edited:
Top Chick 1

Profile chick 1

Top chick 2

Chick 2 profile

Crazy chick 3 profile (even the eye markings look like war paint)

Any ideas? I know they are only a day old, but my novice self thought this breed would be easy due to their markings to ID. I ordered 2 girls and one rooster...is that what I received? The rooster is for my sweet hubby who has been very patient, I would really like to know which one it is so I can give it to him. Thanks y'all for your assist with a newbie :)

Last edited:
Does this help?

CHIPMUNKS IN THE COOP!
D.gif

My baby welsummer looked like a "she" to a lot of people due to the dark eyeliner and whatnot, but I can report he is now a very large cockerel. Here are some pictures of the baby, and how he turned out:

(If it's unclear, he's the one in back
wink.png
)

Top Chick 1

Profile chick 1

Top chick 2

Chick 2 profile

Crazy chick 3 profile (even the eye markings look like war paint)

Any ideas? I know they are only a day old, but my novice self thought this breed would be easy due to their markings to ID. I ordered 2 girls and one rooster...is that what I received? The rooster is for my sweet hubby who has been very patient, I would really like to know which one it is so I can give it to him. Thanks y'all for your assist with a newbie :)

Back
Top Bottom