The Welsummer Thread!!!!

My new Welsummer roo. We named him Cornelius. He is approximately 9 weeks old. We got him from a gal who ended up with a rooster in her batch of Welsummer chicks. She needed to re home him, and we needed a rooster. It was a win/win situation. I have since been doing a lot of research on this breed and now I'm wanting to add some hens. I'm thinking they will be on my list for next year.

They're on fermented feed. A quality layer feed. The other girls lay great but they're just hatchery chickens, the wellie came from a breeder and my ameraucana took 9 months to lay from a real breeder so I was sorta expecting a wait but Daaaang! Everyone gets along well too. She's got the fluffyist bottom and her comb has been screaming red for weeks now! Lol
th.gif
I want her egg so bad I can taste it, I even sigh a lil collecting eggs
gig.gif
there must be something wrong with her inside..i have heard that some foods will promote egg laying things like marrigolds,sun flower seeds ..and i think theres a few others .you can prolly google it...maybe giving her a little extra treats of some seeds or flower heads would help..i no i am reach but hey ya never know..these crazy birds teach me something new almost everytime i walk out to the coop..

My new Welsummer roo. We named him Cornelius. He is approximately 9 weeks old. We got him from a gal who ended up with a rooster in her batch of Welsummer chicks. She needed to re home him, and we needed a rooster. It was a win/win situation. I have since been doing a lot of research on this breed and now I'm wanting to add some hens. I'm thinking they will be on my list for next year.
he looks to be adapting well to his new surroundings..lol..he'll be crowing soon ..mine just turned 12 weeks and hes still clearing his throat but hes getting there tho ..sounds like a sick dog at first now just a little frog throated..lol congrats on your new roo..this is a awesome breed..i cant wait for mine to start laying those great dark colored eggs..yum..lol

Back
Top Bottom