The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
I have a real thing about the speckled ones. I call em freckled. They are so neat!!
smile.png

Quote:
She's learning to color that egg! I've had hens that color deeper as they get their "paint brushes" in shape....I believe I know where you got those eggs
smile.png

oh and by the way if you pick up a wet welsummer egg, it will dye your hand, so yes, if she got up off the egg, she easily could scratch it.

Congrats and say hey to your Wellies for me!

Quote:
She's learning to color that egg! I've had hens that color deeper as they get their "paint brushes" in shape....I believe I know where you got those eggs
smile.png

oh and by the way if you pick up a wet welsummer egg, it will dye your hand, so yes, if she got up off the egg, she easily could scratch it.

Congrats and say hey to your Wellies for me!

Wait until you see these next ones! They are nice and dark - gorgeous! I *might* have both of them laying. The egg from the day before yesterday was really speckled and today's was not, so I'm wondering if they are both laying now.

At what age do Wellies begin to lay. I bought 18 of these beauties and I think 13-14 of them are girls. Very happy with them even if they are only a couple of weeks old. Planning to keep them all til laying, then scale down to those that lay the best eggs. Love those Wellies.

Back
Top Bottom