The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Great!
smile.png

Quote:
Okay, I am a little dense and may need some guidance......I'm guessing the pullet on the right is from eggs you hatched from me?
smile.png

maybe I should keep my roo, and hens . I have 3 poults and 1 young roo as well. This pair is laying right now. Maybe I should put some in the bator. I will try to get some pics this weekend. So yo can see them.

I am not sure if that is all that great.....since they came from a hatchery, it is probably one of those white bird that snuck over the fence to mate with a Welsummer however genetics do play a part in getting some "sport or white" Welsummers. Those were not albinos.

If they have been breeding all that time, I would need to see the body photos, type, and all that jazz. I know folks like to do that kind of thing but white birds are blaaaaaaaaah to me LOL! I do not see anything attractive about white birds but it's neat to see if they do produce dark terra cotta eggs.

I would have to say those are project Welsummers.......doubt if most of us or the APA would accept White Welsummers unless people do have a demand for dark egg layers plus meat fowl.

Royce, Nate and all the mentors, I'm on the fence on this!

Finding a few responses with researching on White Welsummers.......here is one I found:

i have pure welsummers, after 7 years of breeding we had a few whites ,we took those whites and bred them, we now have a white pure welsummer strain, i havent found any others but dna proofing shows them 100% wellsumers from our original stock. it is called a sport of breeds end takes somr time doing isell hatching eggs in the summer ([email protected])

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_get_a_white_welsummer_chicken#ixzz1C0gCki8u

Back
Top Bottom