The Welsummer Thread!!!!

How sweet is this? Today is my birthday and my students in my fifth hour class told me they bought me Welsummer hatching eggs which should be arriving in a week or two. I have no idea whose eggs they found. I just thought it was so nice of them and proof that they know me and my interests. The said that someone heard me moaning about not finding eggs to hatch for the fair, so they went on a mission.

I love my students.

Quote:
Sorry Cheryl! Was at work early today when you posted that link and I could not view it from my cell phone. I see 7 pullets looking down on them by looking at the "V"......need to see the eyes.
smile.png

So Kim, is this a fairly reliable way to sex Wellie pullets?
How about Marans, any clues there?

Quote:
Sorry Cheryl! Was at work early today when you posted that link and I could not view it from my cell phone. I see 7 pullets looking down on them by looking at the "V"......need to see the eyes.
smile.png

The eyes are in the link along with leg band color

Quote:
smile.png

Agreed, I see 3 fuzzy V's indicating males from your top view.

Cheryl, I tried to load your gallery and it says there's an error.

ETA:
fl.gif
I get that pullet to cockeral ratio with my hatch!

Last edited:
Cheryl~

I edited your photo....hope you don't mind...
big_smile.png

11170_cheryls_215_girl_boy.jpg

Steve~ Yes, I find this very accurate.....haven't been wrong with them yet. Marans on the other hand......................................................................................................................................that's a whole 'nuther story.
wink.png
lol.png

Quote:
May I join in the chick sexing game? I have 100% success rate so far!
big_smile.png
(Mind you, I only have 2 Wellies!
gig.gif
)

White - Boy Yellow - Girl
Orange - Boy Purple - Girl
Blue - Girl Red - Girl
Green - Girl Brown - Boy
Black - Girl No Ring - Boy

Looks like lots of girls.
big_smile.png

EDIT: Now I see Pink has already answered and she sees one more girl than me. Hmmm... *studies pics again*

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom