The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Happy Chooks~

I know this is a little off topic and concerns Barnevelders and this is the Welsummer thread but since we were discussing Barnies the other day and the topic of sexing them came up.....I spit out some wrong information and would like to set the record straight for those who may have read that info in this thread.

Sexing Barnevelders~ per Farmer Johan 3-13-2011

In Barnevelder chicks the males have white or creamy white colored chests and the girls have brown or grayish brown chests at hatching

Sorry for the misinfo everyone and a GREAT BIG special thanks to tls_ranch for catching and correcting it over in the Barnevelder thread! Thank you again Trisha....I always manage to get it mixed up.​

Quote:
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
Sorry for the misinfo everyone and a GREAT BIG special thanks to tls_ranch for catching and correcting it over in the Barnevelder thread! Thank you again Trisha....I always manage to get it mixed up.

Oh no! That means I have LOTS of boys.

Thanks for the info though, Trisha also posted it on the barnevelder thread.

Quote:
Sorry for the misinfo everyone and a GREAT BIG special thanks to tls_ranch for catching and correcting it over in the Barnevelder thread! Thank you again Trisha....I always manage to get it mixed up.

Happy choocks could you get a photo of hem?

It is right >gosh I said the other way but of course that's not true, sorry for that big mistake. And I should have know that....

Last edited:
I have pictures of them on the barnevelder thread, so I don't take over this thread. The only reason I posted the one here was because Kim sent it with the wellie eggs.

Well three of my bantam pullets and hen went to their new home. All I have is now ONE bantam, four LF, one Orp bantam, and one SSH bantam.

Need to fill up some more wellies!
lol.png
And EE or Amercuanas or Olive Eggers! I want some pretty eggs!

Back
Top Bottom