The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Hi FaykokoWV,

That is a gorgeous!!! egg.

So the hatching eggs I get, when they grow up should produce that beautiful color?

How do you ship (priority mail?), etc...

Can I send a MO or do you prefer paypal?

Cheers,
DesertSkyNM

Quote:
I've got plenty for sale, you can check out my webpage in my signature line.... .I'm on the other side of the country though so I don't know if you want your eggs traveling that far.

Hi all, wondering if any of you have had a cockerel who's really rough with the pullets? Do they improve?

My boy is grabbing them by the backs of their necks and ending up ripping feathers out when they fight to get away from him.
sad.png
He might be frustrated because I took the pullet he was breeding out and put her in a breeding pen but he's always been rough compared to the other cockerels. He's in the main pen with all my other pullets at the moment but he's getting his own solitary pen tomorrow because I'm not putting up with his behavior.

Wondering if I should wait till my Wellie girl starts laying (she's 23wo now, when should I be expecting eggs?) and set some fertile eggs as planed or just cull him and get another roo down the track. I'm wondering if he'll chill out in solitary or be just the same when the pullets are ready to breed. I have too many roos at the moment and if he wants to continue to behave like that he's worn out his welcome. It's a pity because he's pretty but hopefully I'll replace him with a better behaved son.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
smile.png

Quote:
I've got plenty for sale, you can check out my webpage in my signature line.... .I'm on the other side of the country though so I don't know if you want your eggs traveling that far.

I sent you a pm with a few more pictures and information

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much...lots of things going on and life is kinda crazy right now. Love all the photos and chick pics!
love.gif

Beesong and Shesaredroan~ You ladies have any news for me?
big_smile.png

Quote:
Never had one yet that was rough with the girls. Some will improve and some will not.

A time out sounds good to me but others may say they will settle down. If he draws blood or overly excited, exhausing the pullets, time for him to go.

These are my "babies" from my NYD hatch. This was kind of a test mating between Moose and my one pullet, Cleopatra. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on them. (I know they are young yet and the lighting is not the greatest - but if you see a major flaw, I'd like to know)

The one on the left is laying on her side, she's really not crooked.
lol.png
The one on the far right is my favorite.
IMG_3400.jpg

Engteacher,

This are some great looking chicks. What was your hatch rate?

I just sent a check to Erhard this last Friday for a dozen of his eggs. Didn't think I would ever have eggs shipped again due to the treatment they get from the USPS. But, I decided to take another chance in order to get some of Erhard's stock.

Back
Top Bottom