The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
That would indeed be crazy-awesome!
wee.gif

Check ZIP 20152 (actually Chantilly, VA) as a primary, if possible. My DH works there and I am nearby and we've done all of our poultry receiving through them (and they're wonderful about it). Our local office (25425) is a possibility, but keeps very short hours and there is talk of it closing.
sad.png

Quote:
Kim I'm so sorry you lost your Odin!! The only problem with loving animals is having to lose them when the time comes.
I had to have my Vet come and put down my 15 year old mare, due to founder, is past summer. She was in so much pain, it was cruel to NOT call the Vet. It's at times like this when I wish I wasn't an animal lover.
Bless you my friend and my thoughts are with you. ((hug))
hugs.gif

I ordered some day chicks from Rancher's Poultry Supply last Spring. They are now six months, eight days old and I got my first egg from one of the pullets today. Better late than never. :)
I have one pullet from eggs I purchased from Erhard Weighs that is three weeks older and she still hasn't layed and egg. I guess she will get around to it one of these days.

Quote:
Kim I'm so sorry you lost your Odin!! The only problem with loving animals is having to lose them when the time comes.
I had to have my Vet come and put down my 15 year old mare, due to founder, is past summer. She was in so much pain, it was cruel to NOT call the Vet. It's at times like this when I wish I wasn't an animal lover.
Bless you my friend and my thoughts are with you. ((hug))
hugs.gif

Thank You! Hugz right back atcha!
hugs.gif
So sorry to read of your mare and your oak trees. I am glad you and everyone else are doing good. Hoping someday to see some egg photos and some photos of the girls my dear.
big_smile.png

Can't wait to get started with some eggs from Happy Chooks and that Moose boy of hers. I think he is just drop dead gorgeous. Hope I get a nice boy just like him to put over my 3 remaining girls.
fl.gif

P.S.
Wish we could pipe all the rain we got yesterday, last night and still getting today your direction. 3+ inches in a 24 hour period. Texas needs it more than Washington does right now.

Last edited:
Tu Happy Chooks

Opa, when we chatted about Wellies, you had said you separated out the Roos and put them in their own pen(s) for the winter. Question, do you pen them together or are they in their own individual pens. If together, do you have issues w/ fighting. Can you eliminate fighting if the boys can't see the girls? Appreciate your input

Back
Top Bottom