The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I sexed chicks by their breast color, & their Strips on their backs along with vent sexing .
Guess I did it to test out how accurate color sexing was?

In some welsummer chicks I was unable to tell their sex by their stripes,
 I found another way to  tell their sex was the males had a whiter color fluff in their breast.

interesting. i was going by what Whitmore farms has on their website. http://www.whitmorefarm.com/content/5091
in their photos the chest color of the male is whiter too.
all my chicks have the crisp triangle on top of their heads and sharp eye liner. The chest colors look the same too.

Here's my new little bunch... this is the first time I've had Wellies before. These guys were a slightly staggered hatch, so some of them are a few days older than the rest.

I have 2 bantam welsummer hens, last Sunday, we got our FIRST EGG! woo hoo. My question is.... when to expect another. Our previous chicken was a standard barred rock hen and she jumped right in at practically an egg a day once she started.

I haven't gotten another egg yet from these since Sunday. Just wondering what the norm is for bantam hens.

Mudsow

It varies. Some will lay everyday and some will lay every other day. My bantam Wellie girl, the most friendliest, hardly ever laid, either she is eating her own eggs or poor layer.

I have 2 bantam welsummer hens, last Sunday, we got our FIRST EGG! woo hoo. My question is.... when to expect another. Our previous chicken was a standard barred rock hen and she jumped right in at practically an egg a day once she started.

I haven't gotten another egg yet from these since Sunday. Just wondering what the norm is for bantam hens.

Mudsow

Back
Top Bottom