The Welsummer Thread!!!!

If you plan on showing the birds, specially in Ohio I would not order hatchery birds unless you potentially want to work at making the birds worth while for many years. I do know that Welsummer bantams go through Ohio, I would deffinitely look at the Ohio nationals for sale birds and also the big sale they have in Scranton Ohio. They have 2 or 3 big huge swaps. I know a friend of mine found 4 bantam hens at the nationals. Unfortunitely for me at the time had 2 hens and needed a rooster lol

We are outside Chillicothe. Your hen pics are gorgeous. We are interested in birds for the fair next year and maybe showing in general. Our 13 year old loves to show fancies. He won Grand Champion a couple weeks ago with Partridge Rocks. I love the dark chocolate eggs. Let us know if you have birds available.

Thanks for the replies!
smile.png

We are outside Chillicothe. Your hen pics are gorgeous. We are interested in birds for the fair next year and maybe showing in general. Our 13 year old loves to show fancies. He won Grand Champion a couple weeks ago with Partridge Rocks. I love the dark chocolate eggs. Let us know if you have birds available.

Thanks for the replies!
smile.png
I'm only about 2 hours from you. I don't have any chicks or birds available right now, but I can let you know when I do have some.

That sounds great! Any idea when you might have some chicks? We would like 8 hens and 2 roos. How long do the roos take to fully feather?

Thanks!

Hi All --- I just want to join in and learn more about this wonderful breed.

I purchased three chicks from a BYC member who lives near me. I ended up with two roos and one hen. (I found someone looking for a Wellie Roo so I re-homed one of the boys) So now I have a pullet and a roo both born March 15, 2012. I love their personalities. I will post some pics but they are really hard for me to get a good photo of, nobody stands still while I get ready.

This is the only pic I can find where she isn't a blur.

What can you all tell me about her? She is 5 months old here. It's okay if she is only pet quality but I want to know what to look for in a good breeding bird.
thanks!!!

Here is a picture of my young Welsummer Rooster:

another pic of my pair:

How bad is it that he's recently gotten some white at the base of his tail?
Does anyone have a picture of the "ideal" Welsummer?

I'm wondering if someone could point me in the right direction so I'm not searching the internet for months looking for excellent quality Welsummers. I've got two lines now that Ive been working on for some time now and I'm looking for one more line. Private emails are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering if someone could point me in the right direction so I'm not searching the internet for months looking for excellent quality Welsummers. I've got two lines now that Ive been working on for some time now and I'm looking for one more line. Private emails are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

http://wcna.webs.com/breederslist.htm

Back
Top Bottom