THE WORLDS SMALLEST CHICKEN EGG?! 🤯

My blue australorp-mixed hen was kind enough to leave me a very tiny egg as well…. My first fart egg, egg fart, fairy egg, etc. weighing in at 12g. 😍
6285B75C-CE4A-40DF-89A3-B60A9B1F70D5.jpeg
7FD73002-650E-42C2-9DBF-D0044DB0BA9C.jpeg

Ok, so I was going out to put my chickens away tonight and it was just barely bright enough to see and I was collecting eggs and when I was feeling around felt something super small, hard, and round, at first I could not believe my eyes and thought I was hallucinating or something but no! When I brought it inside I weighed it and it only weighed 13 grams!! (.5 ounces)

(I promise you that there was no photoshop or picture editing involved as I used a variety of different backgrounds, lighting, and comparisons)

Me holding the egg
View attachment 3021962

egg next to quarter
View attachment 3021963

egg compared to quail egg, we bought locally
View attachment 3021964

next to normal size chicken egg
View attachment 3021965

weight of a chicken egg also laid today (in ounces)
View attachment 3021967

THE egg (in ounces)
View attachment 3021968

THE egg (in grams)
View attachment 3021969

The normal chicken egg (in grams)
View attachment 3021966

I hope you all are as baffled as I am and hope you have a wonderful day!

And does anyone know is this truly is the world's smallest chicken egg?!

We had one too! its so cute i gave it to my Art friend to use in her designs. They seem to lay alll sizes at diff times crazy.

Ok, so I was going out to put my chickens away tonight and it was just barely bright enough to see and I was collecting eggs and when I was feeling around felt something super small, hard, and round, at first I could not believe my eyes and thought I was hallucinating or something but no! When I brought it inside I weighed it and it only weighed 13 grams!! (.5 ounces)

(I promise you that there was no photoshop or picture editing involved as I used a variety of different backgrounds, lighting, and comparisons)

Me holding the egg
View attachment 3021962

egg next to quarter
View attachment 3021963

egg compared to quail egg, we bought locally
View attachment 3021964

next to normal size chicken egg
View attachment 3021965

weight of a chicken egg also laid today (in ounces)
View attachment 3021967

THE egg (in ounces)
View attachment 3021968

THE egg (in grams)
View attachment 3021969

The normal chicken egg (in grams)
View attachment 3021966

I hope you all are as baffled as I am and hope you have a wonderful day!

And does anyone know is this truly is the world's smallest chicken egg?!

It’s a little fairy egg!
Sometimes they are called ‘rooster eggs.’
When a hen is beginning her first laying, sometimes. You get these cute little one, 😀

My smallest d'anvers egg was 24 grams, but it was a regular egg and not that smaller than a typical egg (about 30-32 grams). I can't imagine how small a fart egg would be from one of them. There are a lot more folks with seramas out there, I wonder if anyone's got a serama fart egg to show.

Back
Top Bottom