The worst sight to see as a chicken owner

Cocolo

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2023
A sunbathing chicken. šŸ˜­ genuinely had my friend worried I killed these chicks. (Dw we are setting up a proper outside enclosure for them soon, I only take them outside when it's not too hot.)

IMG20230711141256.jpg

IMG20230711140517.jpg

If you guys have any pics of your chickens sunbathing, please share! < 3

A sunbathing chicken. šŸ˜­ genuinely had my friend worried I killed these chicks. (Dw we are setting up a proper outside enclosure for them soon, I only take them outside when it's not too hot.)

View attachment 3573488
View attachment 3573491

Occasionally I will see my flock sunbathe all together in a huge pile even the rooster! I have almost 20 chickens so it's really cool to see. However I rarely happens and I seem to never have my phone when it happens šŸ˜‚

I came here today specifically to look this up! Third time I've caught a chicken doing this and I thought she was having heatstroke! And then I walk toward her for an intervention and she stands up like nothing happened! 99 degrees and she's laying on the concrete in full sun.

Attachments

• sunbathing chicken.jpg
    sunbathing chicken.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 37
I came here today specifically to look this up! Third time I've caught a chicken doing this and I thought she was having heatstroke! And then I walk toward her for an intervention and she stands up like nothing happened! 99 degrees and she's laying on the concrete in full sun.
Sun baked chicken šŸ˜‚.

View attachment 3573488
View attachment 3573491

The first picture the chick actually looks dead. Great acting šŸ˜‚

Back
Top Bottom