The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
With the Wyandotte I have two varieties of LF had 3 but prefer less common varieties.
The Bantams are easier to maintain, house and feed. they do lay a nice size egg and in proportion to feed lay a better size and quantity than the LF. They do still dress out well if desired. I also find that with keeping the bantams they are really preffered by the urban and sub-urban for eggs, and youth for showing.
The bantam is also much easier to prep for show and handle.

Quote:
ok... I liked what I saw for your website thus far. I'm working on building one myself and it can get kind of overwhelming for me...so I work in bits and pieces...it makes my life much easier. I hope to get it up and running sooner than later tho. I finally came up with a name...so that is a hurdle and a half done
roll.png
I'm such a dork.

So....you have my interest....what's the new variety coming this fall for you??????? I'm dying to know!!

i will send it to you in a PM so long as you can keep it to yourself, I have no intention of making it known what is coming and really no intention of making them available for a few years.

no worries, mums the word
duc.gif
haha

Quote:
With the Wyandotte I have two varieties of LF had 3 but prefer less common varieties.
The Bantams are easier to maintain, house and feed. they do lay a nice size egg and in proportion to feed lay a better size and quantity than the LF. They do still dress out well if desired. I also find that with keeping the bantams they are really preffered by the urban and sub-urban for eggs, and youth for showing.

that is very true. I forgot that aspect
smile.png

hey by the way...have you ever shown up here in NE? If Jarvis is your last name , it sounds really familiar.

Quote:

smile.png

hey by the way...have you ever shown up here in NE? If Jarvis is your last name , it sounds really familiar.

Not in many years, I seldom show myself anymore rather spend the time working with youth. They are real pleasure to watch with a smile on thier face and a sence of accomplishment.

Quote:
ok... I liked what I saw for your website thus far. I'm working on building one myself and it can get kind of overwhelming for me...so I work in bits and pieces...it makes my life much easier. I hope to get it up and running sooner than later tho. I finally came up with a name...so that is a hurdle and a half done
roll.png
I'm such a dork.

So....you have my interest....what's the new variety coming this fall for you??????? I'm dying to know!!

i will send it to you in a PM so long as you can keep it to yourself, I have no intention of making it known what is coming and really no intention of making them available for a few years.

pop.gif
man.... I hate secrets.

Quote:
smile.png

Not in many years, I seldom show myself anymore rather spend the time working with youth. They are real pleasure to watch with a smile on thier face and a sence of accomplishment.

but you had shown in NE at one point?

Quote:

in the late 1980's

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:

pop.gif
man.... I hate secrets.​

I'll tell you too one of these days.. just be patient. I really want to be able to just post a pick, but have been cutting back and making room with me that stirs a lot of questions.

Last edited:
Quote:

in the late 1980's

Ok...so I'm not crazy that I recognized the name! I grew up in the Cornhusker Poultry Club and was show secretary for a while when I was in highschool, but helped the secretaries for many years before that. I also showed quite a bit at the Nebraska Poultry Club as well. I have a weird thing about remembering names, faces, and other odd info. Small world eh?

Quote:
in the late 1980's

Ok...so I'm not crazy that I recognized the name! I grew up in the Cornhusker Poultry Club and was show secretary for a while when I was in highschool, but helped the secretaries for many years before that. I also showed quite a bit at the Nebraska Poultry Club as well. I have a weird thing about remembering names, faces, and other odd info. Small world eh?

It really is, I was once stationed in Panama while in the service and the first day, walked into the office where I was to work and ran into a friend I had not seen since he had graduated High school two years before me. We spent 3 years down there together with the same job, he worked days I worked nights we were each others relief.

Back
Top Bottom