There's a gander in my tub! *now empty* :(

whoa... sorry. double-post-arama!
1787.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Trish... I was shopping around for oxine and found it really cheap at Brew City Solutions: http://ow.ly/7fvbR Shipping is included but you have to buy a case of 4 gallons at $88 to get it really cheap. But the least expensive I saw it by the gallon was at Amazon Marketplace for $25 (& $10 shipping). So that's a savings of $13 per gallon
smile.png

ETA: also heard that a lot of folks just use a regular home humidifier to "fog" the birds inside the barn - that way they can breathe it in.

Froggie... how's your boy? I'd love to see a picture of him recovered. I bet he's back outside and loving his freedom again!

I was away in Florida for a few days. Unfortunately the poor boy is still congested. DH said he looks like he is starting to get bloody again. He did stop Tylan and I know he needs a break from it. Perhaps a 2nd dose is in order? Just waiting on an e-mail stating when that could be done again. Thanks for asking about him.

He seems to have taken a turn for the worse. He has labored breathing and when he was outside today with his buds he didn't hang with them, but near the AC unit. Not eating. He looks like he wants to, but because of his breathing he just can't do it. Restarted the Tylan at higher dosage. He is sooo light and his white feathers are yellow. Giving him a steam bath now. The abcess stopped draining/no blood, but the lump is still there. Maybe the steam will help loosen it up again so he can breathe better.

Oh my, Froggie, im so sorry to hear that your guy is still doing poorly. Do you have Poultry NutriDrench for him (actually all the nutrition drench have the same ingredients, just different dosage on the bottle). That will get his energy up enough to fight it while the tylan does its job.

Poor baby!

I dont come on the goose pages much... Really angry at myself that I didnt see this sooner or I would have said something earlier. I dont mean to scare you with what I write- but just hope that knowing the worst may help you to save your fellow.

4 years ago there was a fellow selling sick ducklings at a market- I bought them when I saw them- and at least tried to save them- or make them comfortable if I couldnt.

Harvey was one of those ducklings. He was only about 5-6 weeks old- and already had a large lump just where your goose has. To cut a long story short- it took 5 months of antibiotics and 3 procedures on his face to cure him. Harvey never had any blood discharge- but an infected abscess that continued to re-occur despite the treatment he was getting form the vet.

In the end had had a piece of skin removed so the area was open for a few days allowing it to heal with more puss building up underneath the skin. He is ok now- and has not had any further issues in the last few years.

Another little one - Brendon was not so lucky- sadly the abscess grew inwards as well as out- and began to cut of his windpipe. When he was no longer able to close his bill because of the swelling I had to have him put to sleep.

Please watch for something similar in your fellow- not being able to swallow- or then breathe would not be comfortable for him at all. I hope that in time he will recover, and will check back here to see how he is doing.

For more info on Harvey and what he was prescribed see here.
http://www.taylorduck.ewebsite.com/articles/harveys-story.html

DH is running to get the Poultry NutriDrench now. Poor goosey looks worse this morning than yesterday. I want to do everything we can for him, but don't want him to suffer either. Thanks for all the support guys. I will keep you updated.

Back
Top Bottom