Addict
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
Hi Friends,

during one of the coldest nights of this winter here in WV (-9Ā°C/16F) i looked if everything is OK with the Duckies and discovered Ā»Seppuku MouseĀ« (aka. Harakiri Mouse). It seems to know that the ducks don't see very well in the dark, but at ~7:50 one of the ducks must have seen or heart something and investigates. Lucky mouse escaped though.

It looks like you have an awesome quality camera! Mind telling us what it is?
Thanks for sharing!
The camera is an "Amcrest ProHD 1080P" which has a pan & tilt function. Yes, the camera is a pretty good value for what i've paid, but so far i wasn't able to make it available on the internet without using the "cloud"-services from Amcrestā€¦
1581962697223.png

Lucky little mouse has access to their kibbles a nice coop to sleep in and no doubt a cozy little nest made out of duck feathers šŸ˜Š
Our ducks found a mouse a few weeks ago, things did not end well for that little guy. Never would have thought they were such good hunters.
Remember: Your ducks have all the genes from dinosaurs present. Just a stray alpha particle andā€¦

No mouse in his right mind would live inside the big coop with chickens and ducks both inside. Plus most likely a snake in the attic. [There was one last winter] But we do have wood rats outside :eek:
No snake in its right mind would dare to share a house with Blanca Duck, remember: Ā»Quack! Dear good people from BYC!Ā« - And she already had a chipmunk by its tail onceā€¦

Back
Top Bottom