There's A Wolf In My Living Room

It's good to hear that you did alot of research before picking your breed. It's sad how many puppies are bought on a impulse buy lately. However it's truly motivating to hear of other responsible owners like yourself. I've actually always wanted to see a Komondor but do to my warm climate I've never seen one in person. I've heard many good things about the breed.
smile.png

I saw your avatar on another post about a week ago, and I told my DH, "look, it's Cadence, except more wolfey". There is just something about a wolf dog that just stands out. My DH came with a husky (Cadence), that we still aren't convinced isn't part wolf or coyote. The only convincing reason to believe she isn't, is her size, she is only 45 lb, but she is tall and lanky. I have never owned a husky before this one, so I am not sure about their personalities/traits, but this is the smartest, most in tune dog I have ever known (aside from the wolf dog that used to live across the street), and I have owned 2 cattle dogs. I don't teach her tricks but she is so quick to know what I expect of her. I trust her more with my chickens and guinea pigs than I do my cattle dog, even though huskies have a very strong prey drive. I have known several wolf dogs and they have all been the most loyal, gentle, yet cautious dogs. The malamute/wolf who lived across the road for 12 yrs used to take in stray kittens. But if there was a rogue male dog wandering the street, she made sure he knew he wasn't welcome, and if there was a scuffle among neighborhood dogs, she was their to break it up. I love wolf dogs
love.gif

Quote:
Thank you for sharing that wonderful story
smile.png
. Candence very well could be a wolf dog. Are her canines exceptionally large? This is a good indicator if theres a pretty good amount of wolf. However to me behavior is the easiest give away. Though it may not be 100 % accurate with wolf dogs you can just tell theres a difference behavior wise. Do you think you could post a picture of her? It may be help determine if she has some wolf in her. At this stage I trust my pups with all my animals. However, I would never leave them unattended. The pups just tend to know whats expected of them. They defiantly follow my rules as if they were the law. They have a respect for authority that in my opinion can't be matched.

Quote:
There is a major breeder of Komondork, that lives in Texas. I would have to find the info on them. I agree that to many people buys dogs on impulse. Or they see a dog on a TV show and think that the entire breed will behave like the highly trained working dog.

I believe that wolf dogs are illegal in AZ and vets are required not to treat them. Also coyote mixes. Illegal.

glad you said that about the teeth.the snarling puppy i was refering to in my previous post had huge, pointed canines.much bigger than a 2 month old should have.
a good indicator i guess.

Quote:
There is a major breeder of Komondork, that lives in Texas. I would have to find the info on them. I agree that to many people buys dogs on impulse. Or they see a dog on a TV show and think that the entire breed will behave like the highly trained working dog.

I'm glad to hear there's a breeder in Texas. I would love to see one in person. They seem like a very majestic breed. Too bad they probably wouldn't be a good addition due to my wolf dogs. I can't blame them for what they were bred to do.
smile.png

Quote:
I completely agree. Even I was surprised at how much larger the canines are in Wolf Dogs. Even at this age my pups canines are very large and could defiantly do some damage.

Now that's a dog!!
love.gif
Maybe when my house is empty of kids and I don't have to be gone all the time I can get one of these to be my buddy!! For now, I'll love on my mutts that have appeared in our yard!

I'm glad you like them
smile.png
. Although wolf dogs are excellent with children they are what I consider a "one person dog". They'll bond with a family but there's one person who they bond very strong to. They'll follow you everywhere
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom