There's A Wolf In My Living Room

My Trouble Maker
tongue.png

46006_sasha_and_cookie.jpg

46006_sasha_and_diamond.jpg

Very beautiful animals, I would love to share my home with one one day, however I know how demanding they are, and I doubt I would ever have the time for one.

several years ago, back when I was young, a neighbor of my aunts had a pair of high-content wolf-dogs, they lived in very sad conditions, they were both housed in a 40ft by 40 ft home made cage, and the female constantly had pups in which the male subsuquently killed every single litter (perhaps due to lack of space or food?), one day they got out, and went on a 3 week long killing spree(cats mainly, they killed one dog the day before they were caught), before the humane society finally caught them and had them humanely PTS
sad.png

I just remember they were so pretty, and that they loved to howl at sirens.

Quote:
That is such a sad story
sad.png
. Sadly many people only keep Wolf Dogs for the money. They often live in terrible conditions like you just described. Males behavior with pups vary greatly. Many males are very protective of their litter while others see them as a threat. If this happened more than once you would have thought he would have removed the male. The ignorance of some Backyard Breeders truly irritates me beyond belief
somad.gif
. Also when Wolf Dogs escape many do go on a hunting spree. Its very sad but completely preventable with proper care. You sound like you would make a wonderful informed Wolf Dog owner one day
smile.png

You sound like you would make a wonderful informed Wolf Dog owner one day

I doubt that
gig.gif
I don't tend to be "strict" enough with dogs, I don't really like "scolding" or setting boundaries
ya.gif
, thus why my mom's dog LOVES me, I let her get away with EVERYTHING.

though I do pride myself in the fact that I got her to finally stop play-biting with a gently tap on the muzzle, now barely a touch and she'll stop mouthing if she wants to play-bite.

I think merely being around one of those beautiful dogs would be enough for me.

yours are very pretty, I must add ^^​

gig.gif
I had the same problem when I first got my danes. It was so hard to resist their little wrinkly faces
lol.png
. However, I knew with the wolf dogs I had to be assertive from the start because if they think they are in charge they very well could hurt someone. Luckily so far they know their place. I'm afraid it may change once they hit puberty
th.gif
. Also thank you very much. I think they know to use their charm against people
roll.png

In MY opinion she appears to have some wolf in her. She is most likely a low content wolf dog which helped her retain alot of her dog qualities but not enough for her to be just a dog. By the way she is beautiful!

Wolf Dogs are amazing creatures. However due to many irresponsible many wolf dogs are "released" to the wild. If you run across a wolf dog while alone here are some tips to stay safe.

Tips:

DO NOT RUN. This will trigger prey drive and can get you injured.

Do NOT start flailing your body. This can show signs of struggle and can engage the prey drive.

Wolf Dogs can be very intimidating but you have to show NO FEAR.

Wolf Dogs often travel and packs. These packs are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.

Wolf dogs DO NOT have the same fear of humans that a wolf would. Many mid contents show little or no fear of people.

Do NOT turn your back on the Wolf Dog for any reason.

I always suggest NOT to start running even when you are yards away. Wolf Dogs hunting strategy are similar to wild wolves. There are usually a few members hiding out in case of prey trying to flee. While you may have gotten away from one wolf many others can join in the chase which can be fatal.

If you are attacked remember to aim for sensitive spots: Eyes, Nose, Genitals, Joints.

If you are almost certain there is no one near you Do NOT start yelling. This can give away your location.

There's always safety in numbers. If you can travel with a partner please do.

***Note. Wolf Dog attacks on humans are rare. Adult attacks are even rarer. Victims are usually smaller individuals and children.

This post is not to scare anyone about Wolf Dogs. They are magnificent creatures. However, like all animals once they are feral they can be as dangerous as any wild animal.

I was just told the other day by a police investigator that a neighbor behind me has about 15 Wolf dogs. He was checking around because a few of the guys dogs got shot. I told him that was sad, but he said a few kept getting out and killing neighbors animals, so the neighbors defended their property. I told him I would do the same. He asked me if any of my animals had been attacked. I only had one, a young male Alpaca that was attacked by something the first night we moved here and didn't have all the dogs with us. He got ripped up pretty bad, but I couldn't say what did it. Now that all my GP's are here nothing has been bothered. I also want to finish fencing in the property all the way around.

I'm so sorry some people can't contain their animals
hugs.gif
. Wolf Dogs can be very dangerous especially in packs at night.

Back
Top Bottom