There's alot of great eggs...

amyquilt

Serama Mama
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Amarillo, TX
Over at

www.ovabid.com

Those of you that have never heard of/seen that site, it's a group of people that broke away from eggbid in order to have a site that offers better customer service, etc.

It's a great bunch of people and good gosh, some nice looking auctions up right now.

Enjoy!
yippiechickie.gif

I have to agree. This site is much better. I have been on there a few months now and the people are better to deal with than eggbid.
Nice and Friendly and not the slow reponses or no responces to your emails that eggbid has.
Visit www.ovabid.com today and meet a friend not just a buyer or seller!

Very true that the owner of the site is great to work with and you can find a few deals there. But alot of the birds are way over priced.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there are apparently a few dishonest people selling on that site also, at least my first experience seems to be heading that direction...and I have not heard from the site administration with answers to my questions about what to do?? I made an egg purchase for somr Frizzle eggs on 5/22/08 and still dont have them. 1st - I paid immediately, as I always do, via PayPal. 2nd - no response from the seller for the first 5 days, then on day 6 an excuse about rain (I am patient, I decided I could wait, even though my incubator was already going with my other purchases safely inside) 3rd - no more contact until I emailed again - they finally responded that my eggs had been shipped on 5/31/08 with no shipping information. Well, no eggs here yet...its now June 8, 2008. I emailed again on 6/06/08 and havent heard a thing. Now I'm out $26.50. I can leave bad feedback, but I really would rather get what I paid for or have my money back. It just sours a person that there are so many dishonest people out there....and that the seller includes "god bless" in their sales page and emails, well, at least they'll be forgiven somehow, wont they?

Quote:
Tina...have your eggs arrived yet? I guess there's always got to be that "one bad apple", huh?
hmm.png

No, my eggs did not arrive. I got an email that they had been "reshipped" and again, never received them, I emailed again asking for specific shipping information and have had no reply the seller has apparently got some health/back/hip problems but was going to get a lap top to solve all of their email issues?? Still, no resolution, so I'm out my money, no eggs, and no response. Just their "God Bless" is supposed to make me feel better?? I used instant pay on paypal, not my Paypal credit account, so not sure if I can open a dispute, but I'm going to try, I guess. Just hate to have to.

Okay,
Did it this morning - it may have been one day too late, but it let me?? Here's what I put:

"After repeated attempts at correspondence and two promises of shipment from the seller, I feel I have no recourse but to request the protection of Paypal for my purchase. I made an immediate payment, I made immediate contact with the seller, and I waited, I was eventually promised by email that my eggs were shipped, but I did not receive them, I made contact again, and I was promised they were "reshipped", I did not receive them again, and I have not heard a thing since, and have had no further response. I could not use the eggs even if I did get them at this point. It has been 30 days since my purchase. I no longer need these eggs. I have replaced them with live birds. All of the other eggs I purchase from other sellers at the same time came and have been incubated. I would like my money back."

We'll see if I get my money back. Just have to accept it if I dont - hazards of dealing with online purchases, I wont ever use Ovabid again if it doesnt have any kind of protection from scammers though. I dont like throwing money away like this.

Oh, but if I get my money back.....hmmmm....maybe I should fire up the incubator again????

TOTALLY STIFFED??? I too am waiting for eggs from ovabid. two messages have been ignored. found this person on byc and have tried another message. i will leave negative feedback if i have to before 30 days. i think three messages from me is fair for what i'm paying. i read his other feedback and it sounded ok. i am surprised in this delay. he's slowest of anyone i've bought eggs from.

Yeah, totally stiffed. Poor seller had back/neck surgery pending, guess maybe thats what happened, but I still wanted my eggs or money back. Over a month is too long to get the deal done. I finally escalated it to a claim on Paypal (no longer a dispute) so I can let Paypal settle it. I've been patient, but I'm not a private charity either - I like to decide for myself who I'm gonna donate my money to. Good luck with your transaction. I never got ANY response from the administration at Ovabid when I asked for guidance. Not sure I can trust ever doing business there again?? This time hasnt been a good experience, I'm hoping others have better luck - I may risk it again, if it seems worth it. I use Paypal for that reason, it has some protection.

Back
Top Bottom