Theres something wrong with my hen

shannonq88

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2016
I came home yesterday from work to give my chickens some lettuce and I noticed the one was acting funny in the corner by herself. She was all fluffed up and looked like she was trying to force something out her vent. I picked her up but was not sure what or where to check. She had white runny poop coming out. After about 30 mins it seemed like she got an egg out and this was at 730 and night. She seemed to walk around a little bit more, but when I checked on her in the coop at 10 she was by herself on the corner of the perch. I have posted a few pictures. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

No need to worry..
Nothing is wrong with your hen. You mentioned feeding lettuce...That can cause the watery poop and the straining was her laying her egg. 10 at night she was going to roost.
Chickens are tough birds.

I do not usually worry a lot, but i have had my chickens for a year and never saw this happen before. this is also my first time mixing in new chicks. Ive had no problem with them getting wounds and cuts, but this was something I have not seen before

I do not usually worry a lot, but i have had my chickens for a year and never saw this happen before. this is also my first time mixing in new chicks. Ive had no problem with them getting wounds and cuts, but this was something I have not seen before
You don't know till you ask questions. Your doing great so far...
Somethings even have me scratching my head at times...

Back
Top Bottom