THEY ARE ALIVE! help please!

OK, the head will be tucked up under the wing and perhaps has already started swelling which would be why it hasn't pulled the beak up yet. Try to find the part of the chick that is bulging out the most and the head will be juct to the side, counter clockwise. Wet the membrane, check for veins, tear a little and see if you can locate the head and pull it out withou causing blood. If it bleeds stop immediately, wait 10 minutes then try again....

Great news! I fiund the beak of #2. His whole head is under the wing!! the down on the wing is probably 1/2 inch!!!! it is nearly as long as the wing itself. It looks like it has a ton of hair. I had to remove most of the membrne but there was NO blood, just some thick clotted blood at the beak

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
So you pulled the head free of the egg? If so GREAT! Now, just let it rest for a bit and see if you can do the same thing for the other chick
fl.gif

#3 has a head! just like the other, it was under the wing. You are a genius broke down ranch!

So happy you are saving them. Really, I had to leave I could hardly stand it, but then I couldn't stand not knowing. I feel like I'm in there with you. Come on guys.

Quote:
YAY! Not even close to genius but I have been where you are MANY many times.....

So you have the 2 out, the other has pipped the membrane by itself (good sign). Are there other eggs?

Last edited:
I dont think #3 will make it. It is very weak. Wthe whole head and upper body is out but the one side of the head is ll swollen and mishappen. He is floppy, but breathing. The head was under the wing, which was under the foot clear down at the bottom end of the shell.. the small side. any suggestions? The other 2 are still trying to hatch. I plan to leave them alone.

Back
Top Bottom