They are getting a little stinky....in the house....

Shoot, at my house that bird would be coming off the heat and outside already. I put 8 week olds out when it was 30 degrees......they did fine
wink.png

They should do fine in a coop free of drafts......ca just isn't too cold.

Well Im feeling better about this now. They should be ok in the daytime I bet and heat at night then. I like all this input
Here are some of the rest of the crew..16 total
61151_march4_013.jpg

I just put my 5 week olds outside this past Wed. They will be 6 weeks sunday and mine are doing great, I am in the midwest and getting colder temps than CA, I do keep one light going just in case but so far no huddling under it, so that is a good sign.

Uh oh, I'm gonna be in trouble. I've got 34 eggs in the incubator and thought whatever hatches would be inside for 8 weeks, mid May anyway. It won't stay consistently above freezing until then!!! Forget stay above 70. That won't happen until ... um, well does it ever stay above 70 at night? Sometimes for a few days at the beginning of August, LoL!
idunno.gif

Wow! I'm impressed that you managed to keep 16 chicks in the house for a full month!! I only have four, and they're going out to their little coop (with a lamp of course) at three weeks. I'm sure your chicks will LOVE having so much room to run and flap about
smile.png

yes I DO believe they will LOVE the space! They are in two adjoining lawn mower boxes in my sewing room now. I have hubby putting a table top just outside the fenced run so I can put lawn chairs out there to watch my chicken tv! I LOVE my new country life.

I kicked mine out at 4 weeks into their coop. heat lamp at night and I put a screen door on so I can open it during the day. It's funny seeing them sitting at the door looking out and dreaming of the day they can leave the coop.

Back
Top Bottom