They're getting soooo big!

Tangeygirl

Songster
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
Quiet Corner, Connecticut
My new girls have grown so much since we got them when they were 1 week old. They'll be 3 weeks on Sunday. Today we moved them out of their tote brooder into a playpen brooder w/ twice the amount of room and a roost for them to perch. They're definitely less noisy now that they're in a bigger space. We're keeping them in our living room. All four of my kiddos think it's pretty cool that they've got chickens living in the house (at least until they're big enough to joinour two hens out in the coop).

Here's a pic of the new brooder. A playpen that has about 1 foot of plastic wrap around the sides on the bottom to help keep dust and shavings contained, it also holds our thermometer!
wink.png
Inside we have a layer of shavings over the vinyl pad (might have to add some newspaper under the shavings so they have a little traction when they're scratching, we'll see how it goes). Our lamp is keeping it a nice 80 degrees.
66494_100_5564.jpg

And here's a lil pic of Cagney, Lacey, Betty, Wilma, Pip & Squeek - hoping they're all hens!
smile.png

66494_100_5566_00.jpg

Just had to share w/ all of you! Sure do love these chickies!
love.gif

Quote:
Oh we've already had a few escape artists. If I move the "covers" - a small piece of plywood, an oven grate or half a tote cover - 1 always try's to escape. They can fly right up to the top of the playpen. Clever chicks!

Back
Top Bottom