They're Here... new English Mastiff puppies

Pics

Gizabelle

Crowing
Dec 30, 2018
North Florida
Starting fresh with a new thread for these big babies.
Backstory here if you're interested.
We've been waiting for months for our new EM puppy to reach the 4 month mark and complete his puppy vaccine series before coming home. A few weeks ago we were offered the opportunity to bring home not only Otis, but also his one remaining litter mate.
Well, I suppose the title speaks for itself. Here they are... Otis and Lily
20220520_010518.jpg

20220520_010703.jpg

20220520_010546.jpg

They are an absolute joy. Both are so affectionate and gentle. They are settling in very well, and (despite their size) have been well received by our other four-legged family members.

Otis is already well on his way to becoming a shameless Daddy's boy just as was intended. I've been trying not to shower him with too much attention (giving DH space to bond with him) but he is simply impossible to ignore and he knows it. He's so very sweet and goofy. He reminds me of a child wearing adult shoes with those huge gawky feet.
(He currently outweighs his sissy by 20lbs :th)
20220520_010623.jpg

Our son has declared Lily "his" dog. He is quite indignant that she is not allowed to sleep in his room until she is fully settled in. She is a little softer natured I think, but also has some definite spunk. I love that her favorite inside pastime is cuddling, and outside it is crashing pell-mell through the woods/bushes.
20220520_012530.jpg

I've been giving dear Sunny extra attention of course. She's taken on a bit of a "jaded-teen-with-toddlers-in-the-house" role but is happily embracing all the extra treats when they all come in after pottys.
And yes, she attempts to herd them... and while not entirely successful, she does redirect them well and set a good example for recalls. She's grudgingly begun sharing the vast wisdom of her two years and teaching them how we dog around here.
20220520_010752.jpg

Last edited:
The toilet paper incident was gold. 😅
We were all sitting down to dinner and Otis casually gets up and saunters past heading upstairs to DS's room. A few minutes later he reappears just as casually with a roll of toilet paper in his mouth. He was so nonchalant that we almost didn't notice. DH gives him a hard NO as he's getting up from the table and Otis drops the roll which proceeds to unroll across the kitchen. The drooly end of the roll sticks to his back foot as he turns to retreat back upstairs and further unrolls halfway up the stairs until DH catches up with him.

They are so adorable!! Did they ever try to chew on the couch?
No thankfully, just an old couch (that's way overdue for replacement anyway) having a hard time standing up to two playful baby moose constantly wallowing on it 😆
So far we've only lost one pair of house slippers, a half a roll of toilet paper, and an empty cereal box to unauthorized doggy antics. Not too bad IMO (knock on wood) but we've provided PLENTY of chewing opportunities for them ...it usually looks like a Chewy truck exploded in our living room.

Back
Top Bottom