Thimbleberries Kits..."Pansy Park" Quilt Underway **Top Complete!**

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by speckledhen, Jun 30, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Blocks 6 & 7 completed. There are eight 14" blocks in the center and four 12-inch blocks on the corners of one border. Hopefully, I'll have the #8 block done by tomorrow sometime.

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

Pansy Park, #8

[​IMG]

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Thats one of the most beautiful patterns Ive ever seen! I checked that website, but didnt see this particular pattern there. Not that Id do anything about it if I did see it there.

4. speckledhen

I noticed they didn't have kits on there, either, Kathy. They sell this on ebay and at some fabric shops.

5. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    [​IMG]...[​IMG]..it's beautiful..can't wait to see the top finished..much nicer than the picture in the kit!!!!

6. speckledhen

Center section is assembled. Will start on the remaining four blocks tomorrow, but wanted to post a picture of what I've done so far. Sorry for the bad lighting-my house is so dark and my camera is awful in low light settings.

[​IMG]

7. leepsy

leepsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    North Florida
    I love the way those blocks are going together. It is going to be one of the most gorgeous quilts you've made. If you decide to sell it, let us know first. I would love to own a quilt that beautiful. [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Uh oh, I noticed the background pattern is going opposite direction....is this okay or you would be pulling your hair out by redoing it?

Other than that, it is beautiful!!!!!!

9. speckledhen

I may sell the top because I sort of doubt I'll quilt it myself. It would take ages since I quilt by hand. Parts of it aren't really perfect, but I think I did fairly well with all the tiny pieces. Well, they're tiny to me anyway. I'm glad you like it!

10. speckledhen

Quote:I'm not sure what you mean, Robin, about the background material. The directions are very specific and they give you a certain amount of fabric to use and tell you to cut this size strip then out of that, cut a square and then cut that square diagonally, etc, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by