Thimbleberries Kits..."Pansy Park" Quilt Underway **Top Complete!**

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by speckledhen, Jun 30, 2010.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    The square patterns with tiny pieces are fine, its the outside skirts or the outside square, the running flower pattern. Or the busy wall paper pattern! [​IMG]

Left side is up and down while the right side is going side to side.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    got your message!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I didn't actually see a direction in the print when I was cutting it, but with this fabric, there wasn't enough to change up anything anyway.

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Are each of those large blocks sewn together? It didnt look like there was much edge to sew together. And is the background piece one big large piece that the blocks are laid on, or is the background also pieces that are just sewn to the blocks on their edge?

Are you doing that sewing by hand or machine?

5. WingingIt

WingingIt Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Those are some seriously gorgeous blocks!

6. speckledhen

Quote:Yes, they are blocks sewn together. And the background is made up of cut out triangles sewn to the edges of the blocks. I'm piecing by machine with the super little workhorse machine that the BYC staff sent me as a surprise gift. Makes me able to get so much more done.

ETA: I pulled the background fabric, the mini-floral, to look at it and I don't really see a definite direction in it. Just looks like an all-over floral pattern. Maybe my eyes are off. [​IMG]

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I see what Ewe Sheep is talking about (baaa); if you look at the pattern, you can see the diamonds...some are going side to side, some are going up and down. Its not a big deal, hardly noticable.

8. speckledhen

I'll get a close up view of the fabric. I see lines no matter which direction I look on there. Usually, if a fabric must be cut a certain way, the instructions in the kit tell you that. These didn't mention it, so they must not have thought it mattered.

9. ChksontheRun

ChksontheRun Songster

Mar 18, 2010
    Central Virginia
    Cyn, with all that you have going on, I can hardly believe you have this much time to quilt. Seems like I barely have time to think....... My quilting has been on a standstill this summer.

10. speckledhen

Kathy, it's keeping me sane! I just get involved in the piecing and zone out.

Here are some views of the fabric we were talking about. I see the lines, I think, but the instructions didn't mention cutting it a certain direction and I don't think they really gave me enough to do that. When you do that, you tend to use more fabric it seems. I did not see any particular direction when I was using it, just the all-over design. Eh, it has to stay that way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Completed the first of the 12" blocks that are part of one of the borders; this is the #9 block:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by