Things just got much worse...see pg 3.

You know I was really drawn to this discussion. How often my plans have been changed and I always thought it was for "the worst". Several times in recent years, my health took some crazy turns and I felt that I just could not accomplish any goals and felt so sad that I was not as helpful as I should be to my husband and others. Then I remembered something very important I learned long ago from my grandmother when I was cuddled on her lap in her old creaking rocking chair when she said, I cannot give you much but my faith, my love, my prayers and my ways (country for example in N. Alabama).......And I still tear up when I remember saying as a child "I don't want anything else Granny". I wish always that I could always give those same gifts to the world...."my faith, my love, my prayers and my ways"......I am certainly sending my prayers on to you and you may have my sisterly love in Christ, my faith and ways as you see them on BYC. When I set up on a path, it may not always be God's path and sometimes He gently or not so gently redirects my ways. What I perceive as a downfall is actually an "uplifting" a pruning of the vine as it were... Or that "my tragedy" is actually an example for me to show my faith in Him. Somethings that happen - well I really don't know why but the old song "trust and obey" just wells up for me full of meaning that that is the best I can do. Well, my prayers and blessings are with you.

It's nice to hear from everyone out there. I bought my mobile home thinking I would live in it a couple of years and then build a house. Well....it's been over 14 years and I'm still in my mobile home. I've made several house plans, always making the house smaller and smaller trying to make it so we can build...it never works out. It sometimes is disappointing but I try to always remember that I have a roof over my head, a warm place to sleep and I'm debt free. I am more blessed than alot of folks out there and someday I will get to build (I may be 90 first though). Isn't it amazing how things look so wonderful and then something comes up that takes all your plans...

Thank you so much, Bargain. I have the utmost faith that everything is going to be just fine...it always has been. I know that He will provide exactly what we need. And many blessings to you, friend.
hugs.gif

Quote:
mcg, since you've been trying to build for so long, maybe His plan is for you to remain where you are. Only He knows what is best for us. The hardships that my family is facing are merely diversions to test our faith. But my faith is strong, and we will not be held down!
yippiechickie.gif

My new catch phrase is, "BRING IT ON!"... then have the faith and fortitude to meet the certain challenge!

As a New Generation Trekkie, I used to say, "ENGAGE!"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom